Quick Post

Wednesday way lucky

Wednesday way lucky
  • Damage report from Liz:

We're home and have assessed most of the damages.
    House has minimal damage, mainly missing shingles along and a electrical short somewhere to the back of the house. Thank God it something we can just shut the breakers off to that part of the house and focus on other issues. Both skid barns are flipped over very minimal damage to them. Just to wet to flip them back over. At first glance the main barn looked far worse. After a closer look, only one stall and a portion of the roof was destroyed, along with the runs to 3 stalls. Our huge mesquite tree that was ten ft from the kitchen window was down. How it missed the house is amazing. Our lone little oak tree that has struggled to survive is also down. What we have seen so far of the fence damage has been minimal. Hoping to be able to check the 1200 ft of back fencing after Jess and I secure the pens we will be putting the horses in. So that we can hurry up and get them back home.

Farrier is coming to do Chica and Tonto today. Chica's feet are desperate for a trim.
    He has been off schedule with caring for his wife.

I did Tex and Sarcee. Sarcee has one back foot I still need to address better.
    Farrier did run up and get Jet attended to a week ago?
    Jet seems to be fine. It must have been the impair ligament.

It is cooler here and we should be able to start a more regular riding schedule again.

Happy riding Hunterseat!
    Happy good news! Connie and sorry about your kitty. :(

Everyone have a wonderful Wednesday!

• I'm going to have to sneak out in the wee morning hours but the trainer said "don't stress, we'll be here, we'll save some horses for you" *HAPPY DANCE*

Great news from the South Texas bunch. It's a mess down there.

Work was good. No job news. (besides the NYC job being cancelled)

Happy Hump day to all.