Quick Post

Tuesday time to assess

Tuesday time to assess
  • Liz and crew headed back yesterday afternoon after loading up with hay and diesel.
    Initial assessment is minimal damage to house but the barn is mostly gone.
    Waiting to hear more later.

It is beautiful here. Cool and sunny.
    Turned the horses out for a few hours last evening.
    It is still a bit wet but I like to get them out on grass at short intervals after being penned up for any length of time.
    They can go out for most of the day today. Everyone needs a bath.
    Our rain total was 3/4 of an inch.

Everyone have a truly nice Tuesday!!

• Not a bad day, all-in-all. Boy is over an hour away where they sent him for that last week of training. Wow. I've got him in a hotel and I'd have postponed the brake job on the Isuzu if I knew this was going to happen.

HOWEVER I miscalculated and still needed to get one more night for Fri. He works Th-Sat. and he worked Monday. Anyway, I'm going up there Friday morning, get the hotel stuff straight, then drive to that Stb rescue in NJ!! I hope to go there every couple of weekends and ride for them. They have around 200 horses and they need riding volunteers. yay! Hoping the trainer can do an evaluation on me Friday and I can ride.  I'll get back to the hotel late but can get up Saturday and get him to work etc.

Okay. I'm wiped. Teddy woke me up winding up for a howl at 2:30am. That was just about it for me. I'm going to get to sleep early tonight!!

Prayers for Texas.

• Hunter, glad you tracked down the Jersey rescue and so thankful they can use your talent and you will get the chance to get in some riding.  I know your help will be appreciated and that you will be able to enjoy some horse therapy for yourself.

Got a call yesterday morning that we had a field of hay baled and ready for us.  We split it with the neighbor and will pay him for his help.  We now have 75 bales of second cut grass/clover hay in the barn.  Whisper approves.  Tom told me he didn't need any more hay but Cal didn't hear him and we brought ours home, he helped mow it and then we went back and got the rest and put it in his barn.

Had a mammo to follow up the ultrasound I had earlier in the month and got the call that all is well.  PHEW.  Now for the report on the kidneys...if it ever comes.