Quick Post

Sunday peach picking day

Sunday peach picking day
  • That's what's on the agenda, anyway. We're meeting up at the brother's house and his wife and I get along well. She's gluten free and I always bring dessert. I've got a gluten free sugar cookie crust ready for the fruit "pizza" toppings. I can't believe I slept so long.

Last night we went for a walk on the Trolley Trail near where we lived in 2012. It was nice. The guy has to take it slowly but it's good for him. Then we went to the gym BUT on the way - a route we normally don't go - we found a brewery overflowing with people having fun so we went after the gym. :) I regretted it, honestly. I'd do better just not drinking. If it makes me not feel well....the thing was there was no food there. A food truck had just left so we had a small bag of chips but went to a diner right after. I CANNOT STAND this diner but.... you know who never met a diner he didn't like. (except the one I picked last time that charges too much). I was lucky I didn't ralph before bed. ugh. I'm better this morning. Thankfully.

So glad the southern crew went up there. I saw some pictures she posted. Of course there's damage with 80+mph winds!! Prayers for them still. I bet it rain would be welcome there in Harper. I reached out to the border patrol horse peeps and they never saw a drop of rain. So far.

Another chilly morning. Stay sane! (or not)
  • Nice cool start to the day here.  In the 40's.  Kind of wished I had a sweat shirt on instead of a tank top when I was doing chores.  Whisper went out like she was on fire...heels up, head down, trotted about 30' and went to eating grass.  When I had the stall done and was getting ready to put in the fresh water, hay and grain, she was back to the barn nickering and begging to come in.

Church this morning and then no special plans for the rest of the day.

Praying that that storm turns around and heads back to the sea and dies.

Hope everyone has a great week.

• So far only about a half inch or less of rain here. Only 50% forecasted for today.

Main issue now is waiting to go back.

And taking hay back. They left 7 horses there.

No water, power or sewer.

It is cool here.

Everyone have a sane Sunday!