Quick Post

Thursday THurricane

Thursday THurricane
  • It's coming?
    I have to work but we need to prepare, extra gas and groceries.
    Not sure how we will get it done.

Our friends from Sinton have been told to load up and come.

Yesterday was appointment with my pain doctor. He ambushed me with a steroid shot.
    Holy crap, it felt like he stabbed me with an ice pick!

Thankfully (not) my ride with MaderChica was cancelled by an inch of rain.
    They are flying back this noon.:(
    Good news is she will be back for 3 weeks at Christmas!!!

I am suppose to take it easy today.
    Everyone have a great day!
  • Wow. I was wondering about that hurricane. Hopefully it will be anti-climactic..

I hope Mader-Chica had a great visit. I know her family was thrilled to have her with them. They seem like a pretty close-knit bunch of kiddos.

I have a friend at work (she's a LT) she signed up for riding lessons so I'm going to see if my boots will fit her - and my new half-chaps.

I'm tired. Took boy for ice cream. After he and I both worked a long day. Working tomorrow.  Me, not him.

Jeff is doing great. HIs mood is 300% better than it's been in..... years?  Night all! (batten down, Mary!)

• Hope everyone stays safe.  From the hurricane and the him-a-cane.  Never forget that changes in attitude can cause a temporary response on the one being ugly....be careful.

Whisper actually ate some grass yesterday and stayed outside eating for over thirty minutes without me being with her.  She may just object to the really hot weather we have had.  A desert bred so maybe it is the humidity?  No matter, she is a sweetie and if she chooses the barn, I am not going to force her to stay out and fret.  Not really wanting to get her a companion, either.  If there is one for me to bring in, I will accept it.

Oh, Hunter, there is a Standie rescue in NJ that is actually a rescue, not a business.  Standies to ride for $350 and companion Standies are free.  Just a good home and, I assume, a return to the rescue if they don't work  out.  Something to keep in mind when you get a place where you can have horses.

The company hubby works for sold out.  The new company is giving everyone raises.  He was offered an additional 4 hours a day at even more $ but would add 1 hour each end of the run for transport.  He turned that down.  We are only  three miles from the local terminal.

Hmm, Friday already, guess I am on the wrong page.

• I'll check out the rescue!