Quick Post

Toosday

Toosday
  • We took a quick trip out of town over the weekend.
    We went to Gonzales. Dual purpose trip.
    A friend was barrel racing. And we went so I could see the Come and Take It cannon.
    We got there Saturday afternoon. Friend had a second place run on Friday.
    Saturday's run was ruined when she got broadsided by the horse running before her coming wildly down the the alley.

She gathered herself but her first two barrels were wide, the third was good but the time was slow.
    They saw the chiropractor immediately after the run and again first thing next morning.
    He suggested they scratch for the third run. Sad for her.

Yesterday was busy I guess. I fed cattle and came back to do horse stalls.
    I watered some. The two Texas sages in front of the house are blooming beyond beautiful. The bees are swarming it every morning.
    I planted two more on the drive but will have to plant several more.
    We have rain chances all week again and I hope we get some.

Had a board meeting and then over to Sis's for cheeseburger dinner.
    Fun having everyone together.

MaderChica and friend Jewels are coming this morning to ride. Jewels has not ever ridden except to be ponied.
    I'll pull Jet out of his retirement and see how he does. He has been walking fine. Farrier comes again the 30th for an evaluation.

Later all the girls are going to do some target practice. Maybe make tacos for dinner?

Hunterseat they should be able to log in with the old passwords?

Everyone have a terrific Tuesday!
  • Worked half day yesterday so i could enjoy the eclipse with the horses. We went total here and it was amazing. Temps went from 90 when it began to 73 at totality. Horses could have cared less. They didn't skip a nibble on either side of totality.

Eros psyched himself up and came out of his stall Sunday. His stall is the low point of the barn and requires high steps to get in and out.  We had been leaving his stall open after dinner to give him a chance to come out. I had just put Apache out and walked into the barn and saw the look in his eyes and knew he was coming out. He nows gets a little grass after dinner before going into the big comfy birthing stall which is the easiest stall to get in and out off. He is also starting to lay on his injured side some. Vet comes back 8/30.

• Crazy day. Typical. Sorry about the barrel racing wreck.

I was given a new password so... wasn't sure.

Yay Eros. I hear SC was the best place for the eclipse!

Connie - I hope you sell the house. Thanks for the condolences.

• Love that Eros is improving.

Got a phone call from the county warning of Tornadoes.  We had just finished eating.  Prayed. Checked my email and read the report from the national weather service.  Then checked the radar.  Then prayed more.  The tornadoes missed us.  Have not gotten a damage report on the area yet.  Cal went over to the barn and shut the big overhead door.  He waited out the heavy rain with Whisper...feeding her treats, and then came back when the rain let up.

A facebook friend has found a horse needing a home.  Not sure if I want to even go and look at her.  She is 18 which is fine but she is no longer sound for steady lessons.  I am hoping it is just an issue like a stiff hock...works fine for trails and regular riding but hard to get them to pick up their leads in a ring.  I don't ring ride and pretty much let the horse choose the lead.  Will find out more.  Whisper doesn't want to go out to pasture but  would with company..just not sure I want another horse at this point.  

Thanks for the well wishes on house selling.  Would love to have it gone.  The taxes and utilities  cost more than we get for rent.

• If you give me a Hamburger on credit today, I will gladly pay you on Tooooooosday!

Have been feeling lousy since Friday.  Saturday and Sunday were bad.  Monday I was feeling a bit run down still and took a nap early, around ten am.  Woke up just before noon to a cat face just inches from my own, two dogs beside me on the couch and the third (Annie's the largest) lying as close as she could get beside me on the floor.  You know, I get along very well with female animals, mares, bitches, queens, you name it.  Just can't understand why my own species doesn't seem to like me very much.  I guess the animals have more forgiveness for my big mouth.

Spoke to the caretaker of the Ranch down the hill and he gave me a card for he woman who is power of attorney for the estate.  She and I discussed the trailer sitting by the barn and asked if she would run it past the estate lawyers about my buying it.  Hopefully they take my offer, small as it is.  The trailer would be a good investment.  Needs a lot of work though.

Still working on Jmebear's livingroom floor.  Ran out of proper nails this afternoon.  Will have to get some tomorrow.

I've gone another eight feet or so to the left of these pictures and had to stop in order to put down more sub-floor.  Ran out of nails today and will have to visit Home Depot tomorrow.  What you see is a vinyl floor.  Jmebear picked it out  because the floor, when complete, will be waterproof.  No worries of wet feet or dogs.

Here's some pics of the truck I traded my Studebaker Champ for:

It's a '66 Chevy Camper Special (3/4 ton).  I needed something that can pull my trailers and move my horse with.  'Course now I have to come up with my own horse trailer, but that's a project for another day.

I posted these pics to Flickr and am still working at getting used to the new format.  Right now, every time I post a picture half of the URL has to be deleted.  It's silly all he crapola they load into the URL.  takes me a few minutes with every shot to clean out Flickr's scheize und glantze.  Photobucket is holding my pictures hostage.  They seem to think I have lots of money to give them.  First Google took over Picasa and killed it, now Photobucket has gone pirate.  Great...   So now I have to figure out yet another venue.

Glad to hear your fellow is doing better, Face.

I feel the same way about Nana, Hunter.  There are days I still miss her very much indeed.

• It's no longer Tooosday but I'm saying hi. wiped out.