Quick Post

Wednesday we have

Wednesday we have
  • a MaderChica!
    She and her friend Jewels are here for the week.
    Todays plan is shop and lunch in Fredburg.

I need to break off after lunch and get groceries.
    They decided they needed to have Pilot's famous fish tacos.

I also need to get something made for Cowie's on Friday.
    Add in homemade mac and cheese and pimento cheese.

Dana your summer vacation must seem like a blink.
    I hope Eros is doing better.
    And I hope Hunterseat has hugged the stuffing out of our Shirley for us.

Everyone have a great day!
  • Eros continues tbe slow healing. He lays down a lot and has no problem getting up or down. Hoping the laying down a lot is ok as it gives the front end a break. Appetite and water intake are good, thankfully as he was never good at drinking in his stall.  A lot of his fun, quirky personality is coming back which means he isn't hurting too much . Followup vet phone call on Monday. He now tries to escape stall if we are not careful.  He wants out sooooo bad.

Heat and humidity is awful  so he has 2 fans on him and we do a light rinse in the evening.

• Took a break from Antique Week sales and got some straw.  I really dislike shavings for bedding.  I brought the bales home, put them in the barn, let Whisper out and stripped her stall.  Nice clean straw in there now.  I swear she looked happier when I went to check on her tonight.  I know I am.  And Straw is cheaper than shavings.

Nice weather here today.  Not too hot and a light breeze.  Hope the next three days go well with good weather.  This is the week we usually get monsoons.

• I'm back. YES I hugged Shirley and Andy (and Dan, too). They're both going to try to get back on the forum one of these days.

I had a great time. They took all the good pictures. There's an airport RIGHT NEARBY!! Someone with a pilot should go! It was wonderful. I just got back and it took 3 minutes for boy to freak out about someone going in his room unplugging all his electronics. The someone is all pissy now - well, he's back in the hospital so he's not here to be all pissy in person. Love this arrangement. Hopefully boy will finish up and move. And the other one is getting the other obstructions cleared tomorrow.

I'm going to go lay down. Tired and my stomach is upset. BUT I had a great week!!! Seeing my sister and nephews was a great thing, too.

• Glad you had a great time...glad for the shared hugs.  Sorry about the unpleasantness when you got back but it does not surprise me it happened.

Four days down and two (three if we go Sunday) to go!!!  Yee Haw.