Quick Post

Eros doing well

Eros doing well
  • Vet came out Monday and was very pleased with Eros' progress. He is improving  everyday, slowly, but moving in the right direction. 

Everynight Eros' brother Apache stops and visits Eros on his way to dinner. Afterwards they spend a little more tine socializing.  Hoping this will help for a calmer transition when Eros can finally join the herd, though i think we will start out with Fancy and Eros in a pasture by themselves.

Video is Eros and Apache doing their after dinner socializing. 

• Thank you for the update.  Glad the boy is healing.  Looks like the painful experience caused him to drop some weight although he still looks pretty chunky.

Whisper is starting to go out and graze while I clean her stall instead of spending the entire time pacing in front of the barn.  Maybe because it is cooler?  Maybe because there seem to be fewer deer and horse flies?

Antique week starts Monday.  the madness begins.  Horrible traffic and lots of people in the area looking for the deal of a lifetime.  Hubby will be set up in town.  Hope his sale goes well.

• All our horses have been on a vet ordered diet and have been losing weight. I suspect Eros will gain some due to inactivity.  Were told to turn on a radio for Eros to help with boredom.

• Really wanted to be able to switch Apache and Fancy out on the night sitting. Put Apache next to Eros while we were doing things around the barn. All was peaceful then Eros just had to look at Apache and pin his ears back looking at Apache. BAM BAM as Apache kicks the wall between their stalls and Eros' fan comes crashing down and lands next to Apache in his stall. One is not allowed to pin ones ears at Apache, not acceptable. Experiment over and no one hurt..

• Just like kids.  "He looked at me"  "He touched me"  "He might touch me " "He might look at me again"

Glad your boy is doing so much better.

Rode Whisper last night.  She went down the scary path that most horses we have had are leery of.  She went like a champ.  Then I wanted to show off to Cal how good she was and she would not go.  He discovered the problem.  A kitten laying across the path.  She didn't want to step on it.  Such a good girl.  Once kitten was moved no problem, until we came back and another kitten was there.  Hubby rescued the kitten and Whisper was fine with walking in the middle of the path.

• Had similar experience with 2 abandoned puppies.  Fancy saw them and that was it. We were an hours ride from the barn. Each puppy got a ride on a horse back to the barn.

Dan and Denise after we got back to the barn with their puppy.

• So glad Fancy found them and you saved them.  Blessed pups.

• Glad to hear about Eros' improvement.