Quick Post

Saturday, sad day at my house

Saturday, sad day at my house
  • We've come to the conclusion our Hawaii cat, Leland was eaten by coyotes. There's another cat missing from the neighbors' (at least one, I haven't asked anyone else) Coyotes were heard recently and we were focused on the heart attack situation, from which Chatter is recovering nicely. Today was a tough morning and his spot on the couch cushion still has his body impression and fur. Hit me hard. I'll miss that critter. He sneaks out and hunts at night sometimes and I knew this was a probability. I lost lots of kitties in MS so here's another guilt trip I can add. sucks

Tomorrow I'm going to try to go to RI to see my aunt.

I hope Eros is okay. And Braveheart. And all the Dane/SaneHaven critters. Kisses to Tex.
  • I forgot about Spirit, Dana's spotty pony. Hope Spirit is doing okay.

• Sorry to hear about Leland.

• Sorry to hear about your cat Hunter.  Don't feel guilty.  He loved getting out and about and died doing what he loved.  Living dangerously has its down-side.  

Hope all Dana's animals are doing better.

Face, glad to hear Eros is doing so much better.  Is he the one in your Avatar?

It has cooled down quite a lot here and the Weather service says it will stay under a hundred for the next week  (Yeah, right... it's August).  I'm going to be laying flooring for the next week and will attempt getting the boys out at least some (bad knees, bad back, have to take frequent breaks).  It should be an interesting week at that because I'm going to be driving (I hope) Benny (36"), Chance (GOM 13hh) and Socks (16-2).  An interesting spread.  Then there's the colt and his dam who need to be worked.  Ida is fat and the diet isn't working.  I think she needs work to slim down.  Chocolate Drop just needs and wants the attention of someone working with him.  He's just over a year, so really can't do much of anything with him.  Along with the fact he has the more delicate build his sire throws. It's really pretty when these little ones have a horse-conformation, but it does limit their ability.  The little stinker is a lot of fun to get out though and he really loves the attention.

Hope everyone has a blessed and uplifting Sunday.

• Took Jeff back to the hospital. He complained of pain once too many times this morning. Doesn't look like anything but they're keeping him overnight.

• Fancy is the one in my avatar.