Quick Post

Last Monday in July

Last Monday in July
  • Had a hurried morning because I had to take Braveheart to the vet. He's been determined to not wear a cone and has succeeded in removing it multiple times so he could get a the in idiom in his flank area and now its infected. He has to go back in the morning to get it opened up, cleaned out and resutured..... the biopsy on his ear came back low grade mast cell tumor and the one on his flank is a hemangiosarcoma but luckily on the skin it isn't as serious as when it's in an organ.

Horses and donkey are all good except Cody broke the new latch on the gate between the gelding's pasture and the donkey and Lola, the filly' so they were all in together. When I went out to feed! Luckily, Cody was more interested in breakfast than bullying the girls so all was ok and I got them sorted out easily and put a strap around the gate. The fencing guy is coming by this afternoon to prioritize the next phases and I'm having him take off the latches which I didn't like anyway and weld on chains with clips.

Little kitty is really getting feisty! Right now she's sweet and cuddly, napping on me.

House got cleaned today Kelly is off to the beach and hanging out with friends at her house in Montclair until tomorrow and Shay is off with friends so Gary and I are going on a dinner date Well, better get going if I can get up and not disturb little sleeping beauty .
  • Hot here today.  Whisper must have enjoyed her photo shoot and ride yesterday.  She called to me every time I went in the barn...a rather deep call it is, too, not the higher softer nicker she usually gives.  

Tonight after dinner, we went over and took her out for grass...she ate steadily for about an hour and a half.  Cal and I enjoyed some sweet away from electronic devices time.  Whisper is shedding big time.  I really like this mare,  we connect with so well. .   I had forgotten how good that can be. She seemed a bit tender on the rocky shoulders of our road so I guess I had best make arrangements to get some shoes on her.

I do like her new bridle.  She looks great in it and the cheek decoration is movable so it isn't covered by the crown strap when I adjusted it to fit her.

Hope all are well.  Dana, I prefer chains to close gates also.  Trying to find grain free sugar free recipes.  Not easy but found a pancake recipe today and we liked it!