Quick Post

Just crazy and Tuesday already

Just crazy and Tuesday already
  • I've caught up reading some but don't really have time to be on here.
    Went to MD to play with horses with my friend who insisted on getting a second horse. He's a beast. I worked his butt off to get him to stop running over top of everyone. I was on her other horse when they got him from the pasture. I was like "oh hail no" and I got off and snatched him up a notch. :) The mare was amazingly good. We were in a metal roof riding arena (huge) and it started raining, then pouring - couldn't hear yourself think. Then the thunder and lightning. I was with the gelding and my little frail friend is trotting around the ring posting as if she was having a Sunday in the park. Mare didn't bat an eye. LOVED IT! She's a keeper. She's sending the gelding back to the original owner. She wants to send him to me. I love him. He's great when you're on him. He's big and stocky and neck reins like a pro. Perfect Western horse. Just needs LOTS of ground work. I'd take him in a minute if I had a place. He'd be a great Texas horse! :)

So the day I got home I found out my OTHER childhood friend's mama was killed in a car wreck. She was 92. We had a trip to DC planned for Saturday. So now he will drive to DC Saturday. I'll fly to DC Friday, get a car, drive to the services, drive back to DC on Saturday and meet up. I'm already wiped out. I need a weekend of staying home.

Boy's trainer is leaving the company so his training is cut short by 2 weeks but if he can get faces down in 2 days he's good to go. He can get his quote at his home store.

CPG so glad to see you.
    Face, I used to hose off the little princess and she'd move away and I'd move the hose into her path so she stepped right into it. I didn't really know what I was doing but she ended up okay with it. Sounds like you've figured it out.
    Where's Stude.
    How's the home building DH?
  • I am beginning to wonder if Whisper's issue is  "protein bumps" or a Protein/fly bite reaction.  The original bumps have pretty much gone but she got a few more.  Some of the old ones had scabs, some did not.  Now she is shedding.  Looking at reducing her feed to see if that helps.  She still needs topline improvement.  I guess I had best start riding her to see if that helps her gain some muscle.

Skidders owner seems thrilled with him.  She let some children work with him and he stood like a stature (normal for him) while he got groomed and fed apples.  He looks good.  He looks content.

A friend is torturing me with info on a horse in PA.  A gaited mare in her early/mid teens.  She looks decent.  Owner sent her to a sale because she could not afford to keep a horse the child no longer uses.  I need to develop a mantra, "I do NOT need another horse".  

The guy came and fixed the washed out culvert in our road to the pasture and hay lot.  Then he came back yesterday and mowed the hay.  He said it is 4' high and lots of smacked down places from deer.  He wants to rake it today.  Hoping for another 48 hours of no rain.  Need to make room in the barn for more hay but hard to get motivated when it is 84 in the shade, and muggy.

• I can't here myself think in total silence!