Quick Post

Saturday not stopping

Saturday not stopping
  • yet.
    I need to work my extra Saturday volunteer shift.
    And we are going to get a cube of squares.
    Pilot needs to take his truck and go with for hay.
    A cube does not fit in my truck.
    I can haul rounds in my truck and I brought one home Thursday.
    We will go early and he can go on with his day while I work.

We had a long productive Friday.

Popeye the Cowie's pet ostrich passed. = (

We worked on more of the framing. Made some corrections to bring things back to level.
    Framing interior walls in bathroom. And some of the Ram board got re-taped
    A couple top plates but no OSB got done.

An L39 jet swooped over while we were working. It made me think of Dana's Gary.

Roof is up which makes shade for working. It is a careful thing making sure no-one gets dehydrated in this heat
    The Saturday crew should be able to make good progress today.
    No work next week Richard is traveling to CA. His step-mother passed.

So we will have no obligations for the coming week except for my Thursday volunteer shift.
    Maybe we can rest a bit.

I hope everyone has a fun day!

• Connie, you mentioned experimenting with Almond flour.  Jmebear has been experimenting with Coconut flour and giving me the occasional taste.  Some of the stuff she's been making has been pretty darned good!

Back has been giving me old  Harry lately.  Mostly first thing in the morning.  It can take me up to two hours to get going in the morning.  Well, that's why I'm here so early.  Can't move around much.

Was three screws away from finishing the deck and the battery on my driver went out.  So will drive those screws today.  Then will work on building the framework for screening in the deck.  Working s-l-o-w-l-y but still getting the job done.  Need to go up to Fawn Lodge too.  I've decided to sell my smaller trailer and my pickup.  I'll miss that little Terry.  It's a nice trailer.

Well I hope everyone has a great weekend, blessed Sunday, and coming week.

• Stude, I am not fond of coconut so was thinking the flour might have that taste?  Lots of dessert recipes  for these flours for people avoiding grains.  I can get the flour locally at Big Lots, but have not picked any up yet.  Guess I had best try.  Keeping grains and starches off the table is not a big issue.  Keeping sugar out of Cal's diet is.  If I can make desserts that don't have sugar he can indulge and not mess up his numbers.

Whisper looks so much better today.  The bumps are going down.  Glad she is so sweet to work with.  Now to get them gone and start riding her again.