Quick Post

Wednesday working

Wednesday working
  • our butts off.
    We have been clearing the east fence line. Visibility on the corner was bad due to all the brush.
    Pilot tried mowing but there were just too many rocks.
    Lucky boy has stayed over the past couple days to help us. He and his brother needed some alone time.

We will probably work at Ever After today. Trying to make ready to move horses there.
    An old deer stand, dump and burn pile need to be cleaned up.
    Always too much to do.

We need to get hay in the next couple weeks also.

I rotate through different fly sprays.

Second Chance glad to see you. So sorry for your loss. A most difficult thing but one day at a time.

Hunterseat no word from K9.

• Well, K9 can be a social butterfly but she is a tough cookie, too. I'll touch base with her. She brought a cat home from Bahrain and, when she was sent to TX, the cat ran away from her mom's. Been gone a couple of weeks and JUST TURNED UP! Yay!! She also adopted a retired MWD, Timmy. So those are her fur kids. Going to Africa in a couple of weeks and I know she'll miss them. It won't be for too long and her mom is keeping them.

Okay, manure's flying. gotta go

• it finally cooled off in Frostbite Falls!  was a hight of like.... 60* today!  WOOHOO!!!!  and it rained most of the day.  I got stuck at the shop because we were supposed to get salt.  by 11 i called the boss and was told since we heard nothing, we probly arent getting any.  so i spent the day doing some cleaning, paperwork, and computer stuff.  building guys were there to do some work, so conned them into looking at faucet in the ladies bathroom.  not only did he clean it so water comes out rather than spraying, but he is talking that they will replace the spicket with a regular spicket... you know... non motioned one!  WOOHOO!  oh yeah... its the little things that keep me happy.  the main reason they were there is because our security system crapped out yesterday.  replaced the number board, but didnt fix it.  they figgure the mother board has crapped out.  so they made it so the darn thing wont make noise.  

after they left, i finished my lunch, and went back onto the computer.... no sooner had i started reading, and the FIRE ALARM went off!!!!  OMG!  so i looked around and didnt see any smoke or fire, and called the boss.  he never even said 'hello'... he said 'what's that noise?"  UGH.....  so he called other building guy, and he got ahold of the other 2 and got them to come back.  i guess not having a mother board is grounds for an alarm.....

thankfully they got it to turn off!  

so went back to my computer and the next thing i know is that there is a loud noise... i look out the window and there is a salt truck pulling into the yard!  ummm..........   yeah...... went to talk to driver and asked if there were more.  he didnt know, but they were loading others when he left.  ummmm.....    (I have to go get coworker from the mower at 3pm... its currently 230)  so called secretary in virginia, she assured me he was the only one, but we will have more in the morning.  (Thank you Lord!)  so i was able to push up the salt that we did get and not have to rush like crazy to get my coworker.  

Drill team went pretty well last night.  friday was just hot....  practice again this friday.  dress rehersal!  gotta make sure we dont have malfuntions.  lol  with luck it will only be one more practice next week.  we will need to get an early start for the event next saturday.  just got the list.  the lady was very nice and is making the teams that come the farthest perform first.  isnt that nice?????   (grumble grumble grumble)  

ill attempt to post video to youtube so you all can watch if you wish.  

CS, its good to see you again.  my deepest sympathies go to you.  thats a long time to be together.  She knows you are doing well.  I hope you are healing well from your visits to the VA also.  

enjoy yourself down there Hunterseat!  Dont work too hard DH!

How is Whisper?