Quick Post

Soggy Saturday

Soggy Saturday
  • I'm not complaining but the mosquitoes are loving life right now! Lots of rain yesterday and more coming today.

I don't have a lot of energy today and not much in the way of plans. I took the dogs for a loooong walk down the road then let them off leash and walked home along the power lines.

I really need to book my reservations for Colorado. I hope all is well.

Connie, I'd have to google kidney function. Also do you keep track of Stude? Where's that character been hiding?

I hope the weekend is a good one. Hi to Harper!
  • Hi back!

Kidney function for horses? Bucchu leaves

Good day at Cowies. We started framing. Lots of friends working together.

Didn't get home until 5. Crashed out and got a pretty severe migraine.

Not sure if it was from the heat or what.

Pilot took care of horses last night and went flying this morning.

My head still isn't right so I opted out of flying.

I took cattle feeding duty so he could get off earlier

I think I will water until he gets back.

I hope Face has a safe  trip and Stude is keeping cool.

•   Studee has been Lurking, yesssss... lurrrrking...

'Been very busy with this SHHIPS project.  I don't recommend it.  First the bureaucrat wasted four months sucking his thumb, then the weather went into the toilet, then all the volunteer help evaporated.  So, Jmebear hired a local fellow to help and he turned out to be a real piece of work.  The job isn't even complete.  His assistant left a burning cigarette on a cardboard box of nails.  When Jmebear came back into the backyard an hour or so later, the chair and box were in flames and the typical summer detritus on the ground burning as well.  The idiot was dismissed on the following morning.  So I have to put in four more feet of walkway for the back door and railings all around.  Then there's the floors in the mudroom/laundry and the living area/kitchen to put in.

So sorry about not posting.  I have been following when I had time, just not enough time to actually post about anything.

Add to all the above, I have a horse show in Red Bluff tomorrow.  Chance is going in a Driving and halter classes.  The temp tomorrow is supposed to be a lovely 106... Oh... joy.    Somewhat better than today's forecast for Red Bluff which is supposed to be 110!  

• ROFLMBO!!! Thank you! I needed that! :)

• Glad you are okay and the fire was found, extinguished before it caught the dwelling, and sorry you don't have decent help.  Sure hope your day at the horse show is a fun day and the horses behave.

kidney function for me, not the horse.

Whisper is covered in bumps on her near side.  large bumps.  They seem hard.  She wanted the cold hose on them.  A friend was chatting with a retired vet and showed him the pic and he things just bug bites and suggested bute.  She only has them on the one side but that is the side that gets less fly spray since it is the side against the wall when I spray her for flies.  Adopting a wait and see and if no improvement by tomorrow I will call my vet.  I have never experienced warbles but keep worrying about them with the size of these bumps.

Well, late for chores so am going out.  Have a great Sunday, all.

• Acccording to Dr Oglesby if it is Warbles, there will be a breathing hole at the apex of the bump.  I am told by reliable authority that you can remove them by grabbing the little git's head with forceps as he pops out for a breath.  DO NOT CRUSH the  bug  as this can cause considerable problems  including anaphalitic shock and  infections, so DON'T SQUISH THE LITTLE GITS till you get them out.

Info here: www.horseadvice.com/.../17783.html

Out here we deal with the cuterebra, another nasty little git!

Sometimes it requires a type of topical surgery to remove the grub.

Regular dosing with Ivermectin will help prevent both.