Quick Post

Tuesday - no power, no work

Tuesday - no power, no work
  • Of course, I could have brought my laptop home and worked but...nah! I have so much use or lose time... Boy's off today, too. I asked about the dog halves matching and he said the trainer came behind them both and did some clean up. btw, the dog had a yeast infection in his ears and his feet were in bad shape. They're not allowed to do any grooming in areas like that. They informed the "pet parent" and did the rest of the dog, clipping the outside of feet, not down between the pads and I guess the outside of the ears.

A Haffie owner corrected me one time about them being considered a horse despite the low numbers on the height. Same with Icelandics. NEVER call them ponies! :)

So Ham Radio was mentioned once and I have always loved the thought.... I just love talking on a radio/mike/anything, oddly enough. I hope I can get involved. I should look up clubs in this area, even though I don't expect to be here TOO much longer. One thing about this situation I'm in. I can suggest, discuss, rant, rave, throw dishes (I'm really going to miss that pyrex pan but it was pretty cool when it shattered) but there is absolutely no, nada, none change whatsoever. SNAFU.

Stupid cat kept me up half the night. To his credit when he was FINALLY allowed to go out at 5am as dawn broke, he got a chipmunk. Poor little thing but they run rampant here. He gets mice and moles, too. He's gotten so good at it he will bring a chipmunk to Teddy and let him have it but Teddy never gets it and it always gets away. The cat doesn't seem to care. He can just get another. Not as much challenge for him these days.

Okay, we're moving along.
  • Blacksmith came to day and put front shoes on Skidder.  I had them on him last summer and pulled them for the winter.  Have kept them confined to the barnyard since the day before the guy mowed  the pasture.  Barnyard is pretty stony and he was getting tender.  99% improvement in less than four hours.  If this kills the sale, so be it.  He is a good horse and he can stay

Trying to do a kind of keto menu for us with no sugar and no grains (or starchy foods).  I am pretty good with it but meal planning is not much fun.  However, he loves salads and the bigger the better.  We  will adjust.  At least it has helped me with better breathing and less joint pain.  Who'da thunk?

My uncle had a ham radio.  I guess he really enjoyed it.  Used to do CB where I once lived and in my car but not in years.