Quick Post

Wonderful Wednesday

Wonderful Wednesday
  • It just FEELS like it's going to be wonderful. So check in with all the wonders of your Wednesday!

I woke up feeling great, took dogs out, made tea, put a bagel in the toaster and realized I woke up an hour early. I was thinking maybe 20 minutes but no. I must have slept well!

One of the old forum members is a Border Patrol agent WAY down in south Texas. She's going through her re-certification to be able to be mounted and sent me some pictures. I asked about the horse she was using during training, pretty palomino. She said the BP only uses mustangs, trained by inmates in Kansas. I thought that was very cool. :)

Connie, glad the saddle swap worked out! I'm determined to get a synthetic Australian (with seat saver if need be).

DaneHaven, I'm glad you're a doer and not a talker. Sometimes I want to ask people "Are you saying that to lift the person up? Because, if not, that's gossip." Last week at work someone was going on about someone else's personal problems and I stopped them and said "You know that's none of my business, right?" I have a close coworker who can't stop himself from telling anyone everything he knows about where people are: "She's not in today because her kid is sick, threw up all over the day care teacher and she has to stay home because she doesn't have anyone to watch him.....she has twins..." I'm like: REALLY? You can't just say she's not in today??? ugh

MK, everything you do is such an encouragement and blessing to them AND everyone. Oh, looks like I'll be in Texas about 9-16 August. Still need to buy tickets but the dates are settled with my sister. I'm HOPING to go visit Shirley.

Okay, I'm off to the races! Tally ho!!
  • Texas? Details please.

Thanks for all your kind words but I just try to do what is right all around.  

Richard was going on and on, and I just told him I was able to help them. It was a thing I could do. There a lot of things that I can NOT do.

K is of G&K that helped us set up at the wedding.

I love the cheapo  synthetic saddle that I got for use on Tex.

V was scared but ecstatic that she got to try Tex. (she like the syn saddle also)

She really liked riding him once she started to relax.

C called and the bull is on the road again but this time in a trailer going to the meat processor.

Plan today is to spray cactus  on the perimeter and work on cleaning up a pasture area.

Everyone have a really wonderful Wednesday!

• As to the SHHPS project, we were thinking of writing a thank-you note for all the work they did get done.  It was a help at least.

The heat and unusually high humidity have kept me useless.  When it goes over eighty my usefulness goes down along with each degree topping out at completely useless around ninety-five.  Add in humidity and the level of useless kicks in around ten degrees earlier.  Cold and wet... snow I can do.  Heat??  I'm useless.  Didn't get to sleep till after four due to the temp being over eighty all night.  Have I mentioned how much I dislike this time of year?  Was rather hoping it would be like 2008 or 9 and rain all summer.  Fool's hope I suppose..

Got a shot of some kind of pain reliever in my left shoulder.  Felt great yesterday, not so much today.  The doctor said it will either work well, or not at all.  I suppose we will have to see.  Today it just might be complaining about being messed with.

We had a good Driving Club meeting on Monday.  The people who want to lease Crystal (Morgan mare, AKA: Princess Grumpy Face) were there.  She wants lessons on driving.  I said, let's do it.  If I can get her confidence up, Crystal can be a lot of fun to drive and she loves it.

Got a call this morning from the trailer dealer in Ohio.  They have a variety of Spartan trailers that I'm interested in.  My daughter said at one time she would help me get a place to live.  I need to discuss that in more detail with her.  It would be nice to have somewhat more practical living quarters.  Something with a ceiling I don't keep running into.  Lots of things to think about and scem... um, ah, plan out.

Well, I have to get to my shade dodging (it's how I get things done, what can I say?) so that something at least gets done.  Something, no matter how little is better than nothing.

Hope everyone around here has a great week.

• Stude I'm so glad you have sense to stop (or at least slow to a crawl) when the heat and humidity are up. Hope Crystal gets to do some driving/pulling.

MK, if everyone had your philosophy this world would have very few problems.

Dana's got puppies out the wazoo. :)

Connie, love that saddle. I really want to get a synthetic. No surprise that she likes Tex. He's very trustworthy. Very solid and sensible feeling.

• OH HECK I SAID TEXAS and I meant Colorado. I'm sorry. My sister is there and boy and I are going out to visit. I'm hoping he can transfer there. if he wants to that is. Fingers crossed. I just applied for a job in Boulder.

• Honestly, I thought Dana had the sense to spay and neuter her dogs.

GRRRR!!!  What IS it with these video ads?  Damned thing keeps flipping my screen to the top in order to FORCE me to watch.  I've already muted the speakers in order to NOT hear them!  I DON'T EVEN LIKE TATTOOS!

•  Stude, I am sure the spay comment was tongue in cheek.  Dana does rescue and takes care of other people's unwanted.

Well, here is a pic of the saddle.  Max, our crosseyed cat approves.  Got the stirrups turned and am happy about that.  Will have to try it on a horse now.