Quick Post

Tuesday trying

Tuesday trying
  • Since Jet is still a bit gimpy V is going to try Tex in the round pen.
    She wasn't willing when I suggested it at first. She said he is too big. I will have to ask her why she changed her mind.

Jet does seem slightly better? Maybe just more time to heal.

We went to town yesterday for groceries.

Board meeting last night went well.
    Except someone SMARTLY said "Do you you know what Richard was doing this past weekend?" " He was running a band saw."
    My reply was "Yes I do know because we have been working out there every weekend. And it was a chop saw and I was holding the other end for him."
    It was the same person that SMARTLY said "Well Richard will never work again."
    That "someone" has needed a good slap for a long time.

Stude someone/s needs a nice letter thanking them for NOT finishing the project? Emphasis on nice.
    My friend K is having knee replacement in July. She says she will only be out of commission for a couple weeks.

Everyone have a great solstice Tuesday!
  • Your Danehaven  neighbor K? Oh I hope it all goes well.

I'm looking at jobs! I found one in Boulder. I spoke with someone to clarify the wages and it's very promising. That;s an expensive place but it's near my sister and others.  Colorado is 2nd on a list of  best places to retire.

I miss my horse. I hope to hug a horse before too long. Maybe drive to VA...my friend got her QH but had hand surgery. ugh. I want to go play! Boy starts his formal training Sunday. Cool!  He's going to have to ride the train a couple days a week. 2 or 3, depending on the week. He only gets T & Th off. He got bit by a cat today and they rushed him in for a tetanus shot. He's okay. Got a couple puncture wounds. Bad kitty. He was just holding it but the cat was rather freaked out.

Gotta go. My dog demands walking. :)

• Got the saddles swapped.  Cal was wondering if we should let the Big Horn go.  Well, we have never used it and I do not see us ever using it.  The saddle I traded for is a gaited trail saddle.  It is clean but sure wonder what she cleaned it with.  I did step one of softening it up when I got it home.  I have a broom handle turning the stirrups.  She said they hurt her ankles... I can see why.  they hang straight down and need the leather softened and the stirrups turned when ever it is not being used.  Hope the work will be worth it.

We had rain last night and today and it has dropped the humidity.  thankful.

getting sleepy.  guess it is time to head for bed.