Quick Post

Monday - Rain and bug poo

Monday - Rain and bug poo
  • Or Raining bug poo. The stupid gypsy moths are literally consuming our trees. I still need to fight those buggers. I've stalled and the poo is getting bigger. Started the size of poppy seeds. Now they're up to almost the size of capers. blech Nasty. Everywhere.

I love Simplifly. I used it for years with my herd. Just don't use it on anything you plan on eating. I even called and asked about the danger to my dogs if they ate the manure and they said only if my dogs were flies. (and years later, two of those dogs are here, doing well) Best thing I ever did for my neighbors. Multiple horses do make it costly. I want to say CPG started using it, too. I think they're down to one horse now.

It's raining so well so far this season. GREAT seeing the plants doing so well. The mountain laurel is so bright snowy white with tons of blooms. Everything looks better.

Gotta go take missy prissy out to potty. Glad Teddy went out already. He's wearing my Harper TX tshirt as a thundershirt. Seems to be doing the job. Poor old boy.
  • Saw a for sale ad for a trail saddle.  Girl wanted to sell it or trade it for a Big Horn Synthetic.  I have one!  It is the right size.  We chatted.  We are meeting tomorrow evening when she gets out of work to swap them.  She took her ad down so I guess she is serious.  Kind of excited.  I have a friend who has one and she says it is comfortable.   Yet she says that about every saddle she has.  We have not had any nibbles on the Big horn at sales so if we don't like this saddle, we can offer it for sale.  It has been on a broad horse, has drop billets and a lot of skirt. The sheepskin looks new.  Will have to ask what she uses for a pad with it.  It might work for Skidder if that girl does not take him.  He rode so good for her I am good with keeping him.  He can be the company horse.

Hope everyone has a great night.