Quick Post

Saturday Ride

Saturday Ride
  • Fancy and Eros were great. It is great having horses that can take little breaks and not be jerks.

Fancy was in the mood to go. Put the halter and she started for the gate. I stopped her to go assist with Eros. Once Eros was haltered I decided to just go to the gate and call her, she humored me and came. When they were tacked up we headed out, Fancy usually stalls at the end of the barn to study the environment. Once we are out of the barn there is a hill to go down, she stalls there to study her domain. Not this time, she did not stall at either place and was ready to go. 

There were some interesting things going on which could cause some nervousness but they did great: Plane practicing acrobatics over us, Garbage trucks going by, baby deer that Fancy almost stepped on that was curled up next to or on the trail (no one saw it until it leaped up and took off), lawn mowers, the Three Musketeers (Dogs), and then finally another adult deer that made her presence known but just stood there is watched. 

Today will be Apache and Fancy going out.

After the Ride and Rinsed Off

• I hope Apache did as well. He has big hoofprints to fill!

We went to pick up a bedroom suite for a single mom w/6 kids. Her youngest daughter needed her own stuff.

Nothing much else. Need a nap. Cat had me up at 4. How is that possible. He's a PITA.

• Apache was not quite as good. He usually prefers to lead but heard my great nephew (not so great actually) screaming up on the hill and didn't care for that and he wouldn't lead. Once we got beyond that he took over again. Hadn't done this trail for a while and there were 3 trees down blocking the trail. He did good going where we needed to go to get around the trees. This area is around a creek and there are HUGE holes where pine trees use to be. Have to be slow and careful when navigating around downed trees.

Apache all nice and clean and then the PAYBACK.