Quick Post

Saturday peace

Saturday peace
  • I think this will be a day of rest for me. Although I might go to church tonight. And the septic tank guy will be here at 2:30. He's going to look at the place and give me a firm price for a new septic. The one here must be original equipment and needs replacing. We knew that when we bought the house and the seller came down off the price some because of it. I just want the house in good shape for the day it goes on the market. We still want to replace the windows. That will only cost us the purchase price of the windows and any trim or extra wood needed. He's really good at windows (and lots of other stuff including procrastination LOL) He's got a whole house remodel now so... he's distracted again.

Connie, how's the gray STB doing? :) (sorry about the phone)

OH the Percheron mare (former Amish) that I worked with ONE TIME is badly in need of working. If it weren't so far away and the place she stays is a mudhole... She bucked with someone riding her one time and now they're ready to sell her. ugh. I feel bad for her. She's a sweetheart but there's almost no way to work with her. It's messed up. Maybe she'll find a good home. The girl posted something on fb that she got her feet done (thank goodnes and finally) and only ran away twice. !!! She's got some flight issues, for sure.

The boy and I went to a Pirates/Mets game last night in Queens NY. We got there about a half hour into it, stayed about a half hour and left. LOL at least we can say we went. Neither one of us are big into baseball but he won 4 tickets. We hated for them to go to waste... I was trying to give away the extra 2 (to the boy's embarassment) and WOW those NY'ers are suspicious!! LOL I gave up. I think most everyone already had their tickets anyway. Got a free t-shirt. :O)
  • Hunter, will call today and see if I can find out anything on the Standie.  I know they are always busy there and she is at a women's Bible teaching conference (or something like that) today and that when she gets home from that they are headed to , I think Indiana, for a grandaughter's graduation celebration.  They will drive out when she gets home today and be there for the party after Church tomorrow.

The Gelding is gone.  I sent him to the local auction.  I hired a trucker.  I got a lot of flack from a friend for not hauling him myself but I knew (in my knower) that he would not be an easy haul.  I paid her as soon as she got here and gave her the info for the sale.  We changed halters to one with a tie rope I wouldn't miss, and she tried to lead him out of the barn...he was not good.  She and he had a bit of a go around in the barnyard on the way to the trailer...he wanted back in the barn and was screaming for Whisper.  Once on the trailer, easy loader, by the way, she asked me to shut the back door, got him tied and the stall locked..slant load and got out of there.  He started beating on the trailer.  She said he should stop once she got going and jumped in the truck and left.  I am glad she has a really rugged trailer...I think he would have destroyed my small stock trailer.  Whisper called a couple of times after the trailer left, and watched to see if he was coming back...in less than 2 minutes she forgot about him.  Skidder was glad to see him go.

I got out the scythe while waiting for the trucker and took care of some weeds in the barnyard.  One handle is loose and the blade is a bit dull but I managed.

Hubby got home around 10pm.  Earlier than last year.  Brought me a tee shirt from the ride.  Apparently, Mr. Birnie was pleased that three drivers volunteered to do the shuttling for free and is going to pay them.

Rain out there.  Joy.  Will not complain since the earth can always use a slow, steady drink.

Guess I had better go out and feed the horses.  Glad I don't have a set feed time.  

Have a wonderful weekend, all.

• Here is my Richard and Shirlene update from yesterday-

We had a good day today but didn’t finish the framing, almost but not quite. We could have finished if everyone would have taken a hydration break.

But Richard's limit seems to be about 3 o''clock.

Shirlene had a rough morning trying to locate and get wire panels in Fredericksburg.

I helped her get the trailer dropped and unstrapped when she arrived with them.

She needed to go to Junction to do paperwork. But she agreed to have lunch with us before leaving again.

I brought sausage and homemade mac and cheese. Richard commented they don't have it at the rehab center.

The cement is supposed to be poured Friday afternoon. We plan to be out there with the boys again Friday.

Richard asked if we could fix a water gap then and we will help as needed with the cement.

I took them another box of groceries. I will have a box of clothes for them next week. Richard also asked if I could find him a couple bootjacks.

Shirlene said her surgery is scheduled for Wed. morning. She is looking into an alternative  laser treatment for scar tissue.

I had turned the horses out when we left in the morning. Because there was no-one to hay them and pee the princess.

Good thing because we had another thunderstorm and 1/4 inch of rain this morning.

We are glad for the rain because in Texas when it stops raining it really s-t-o-p-s.

I noticed driving home yesterday everything had turned back to green.

A plan has not yet been formulated for the day.

Except for feeding the cattle.

I hope it is a great weekend for every one!

• I saw some Dana pictures on fb and she's got green there which is really unusual for this time of year. We had sun for the first time in days then it clouded over. It sprinkled. I've enjoyed my son's company while my other guy is at his grandson's ballgame. it's the only time he comes out of his room and socializes with me so... he makes me laugh.

My tummy is really not behaving. That's not good. I ought to go on the vegan diet for a while just to 1) eliminate dairy 2) eliminate most gluton 3) shed some unwanted baggage. I think that might settle my system. Of course, I'm struggling with nerves so.... The unknown. Ah well.

Connie thanks for the STB update!

MK, bless you for all you do. You're a super role model. I'm glad R & S are so well cared for. It's giving them hope where there may have been despair. (I think mac & cheese would be okay for my tummy) :)