Quick Post

Saturday so much humidity

Saturday so much humidity
  • Yuck, It is rarely humid here.
    Company leaves after brunch.

Sis may come for her first riding lesson if she doesn't go over to help Richard and Shirlene.
    There usually is a good size group that goes on Saturdays.
    We plan to start taking the boys with us on Fridays now that they are out of school.

We ran and got a cube of squares for DaneHaven yesterday.
    Holiday weekend and possible rain determined a hay run.

Our coming week is jam packed. Maybe Wednesday has some free time?
    Possible sneak away the following week. I will need to get a round bale for here if we do.

All mine are fatties at the moment.
    I am going to limit their hay at night from 2 to 1 flakes.
    They will not be happy.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!

• We may have had the mother of all blow-outs here. I'm tired of whatever this is. It's always seemed sort of one-sided. I guess I should never have accepted that. Anywho - interview Tuesday and I may find my self upstate. If not I'll try elsewhere.

My friend who is looking at rescues has latched onto a place that has about 80 horses. That's a red flag for me. How can you rehab and take care of 80 horses? Maybe I'm wrong but... It's Day's End Farm in MD. Close to her so... I'm going to have to separate myself from the situation. Of course, I'm for slaughter houses being opened up in the US, too, so... very unpopular but more humane than the strenuous shipping required to get them to Canada/Mexico. Then a fb friend crowing about her horse being pregnant again. :( (we could use a good smiley or two around here)

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Stude, I'm so sorry about jmebear. Hope she gets it all straightened out soon!

• Thank you for the compliment Connie.  Socks is a big goof and I love him for it.  His action is low for a Hackney and just right for me.  Now if he could just be encouraged to lengthen that stride.  He's a big lazy baby.

I agree with the issue about the shipping for horses, north and south Hunter.  However, the problem is not the backyard breeder it's the commercial breeders who produce dozens of foals a year.  One thing that kind of broke my heart was not being able to get a foal out of River and Condessa.  In this case, we are looking at an endangered breed of horse.  Part of that endangerment though has to do with greed and another with mismanagement. But I'd best not go there as this list is watched and someone might get offended if any more is said.

I agree about the smilies...

Well so much to do and little time in which to do it.  George has left for the summer, so I have that place to look in on too.  Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day Weekend, and in honour of this weekend, Thank you Hunter for the service rendered.

• Cal did a wedding shuttle this afternoon.  His tip was more than his pay.  He got to leave them off at the reception place and does not have to go back and haul anyone anywhere.  He is out to get some chinese to go for our dinner.  The single dinners are so huge we split one.

Stude, I think Socks is perfect.  He also looks gaited to me.

Hunter.  I hope you get a job away from all the drama.  I don't know how you manage to stay reasonably healthy with all the stress.  Hope you can find a place where the dogs can go with you.

DH  Richard and Shirlene are so blessed to live in such a caring community.  Texas is looking better to me all of the time.

Thank you to all who served/serve this country.