Quick Post

Wednesday - rubbish!

Wednesday - rubbish!
  • :) Can's at the curb!
    I'm going in to work late. So it's almost 11 and I'm having trouble being motivated to go at all. I have plenty of leave. Use or Lose of about 2 weeks. I donated some to people on our "I'm sick and out of leave - I'll take what you can give me" list. It must be awful being on leave without pay. Even just a little could help. So many people end up with use or lose and I say "you can donate it" and they don't even consider it. I hope they're never in that situation. There's always been someone there for me in my time(s) of need.

No news from the upstate job but he's traveling. I did offer to come up there for the 2nd interview - maybe they're considering it.

Girl is M.I.A. again, of course, now that her car is fixed. What ticks me off is her dad sort of counts on her helping him to pay for the expenses (insurance, phone, car repair, gas) not to mention room and board. She's a piece of work, that one. He prefers not to see it. Ah well. He's working by himself today. Maybe she met him at the job sight. hmm....

It's rainy. That's okay. I'll take rainy. I better go pretend to get ready for work. It's the boy's day off and I think we're going to Tractor Supply. Big sale and I need a new bird house. :)
  • Speaking of Tractor Supply, we went there a few days ago.  I picked up chicken feed and a few other things for the SHIIPS project.  My point about bringing this up is that I bought Wild Bird Feed again instead of Chicken Scratch.  The reason being that our chickens hate the Scratch at TS.  However they LOVE the Wild Bird Feed mix.  So I pay three times as much and use far less with no waste.  I think the house brand of TS (Dumor) has GMO corn and the birds won't touch it.  Since that's seventy-five percent of the mix, there's a lot of waste.  They're now healthier, happier, and we aren't wasting money.  A happy arrangement in my books!

Worked with the little colt today.  He is now doing walk, trot and Ho (stop).  He has also picked up on Quit as well.  Not bad, I should think, for a knee-high yearling.  Shaved him a bit more today too.  He could care less about the clippers.  It's the holding still that bothers him.  So much fun to work with the good ones like this.

Breezy has lost both hind shoes again.  The farrier left her so long in the front she has grown right over the shoes.  She looks more like sixteen weeks instead of eight.  Backs are way short now due to being worn off by he lack of shoes.  She is the incarnation of the phrase, 'no feet no horse.'  From the feet up she is a fab horse.  Her feet however are horrible.  The rest of the horses are kind of lost without her when they go out.  She's Momma to the rest of the herd.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday.  I'm hitting the shower before bed.  The string trimmer  covered me in gunk today during the annual Star Thistle battle.  I have another five acres or so to go over too...

• Very rainy week here. Horses have been in the barn the past 3 nights which is unusual for this time of year. There were a couple tornado's close by we but different the heavy downpours and wind that others hide, mostly a nice soaking rain.

New Heat Pump install starts today. Hopefully that they finish early enough tomorrow so we can head to Virginia tomorrow rather than Saturday morning.

While the install is going on will do "some" work from home and more packing of the truck.