Quick Post

Tis the end of a Tuesday

Tis the end of a Tuesday
  • And all through the house, creatures are stirring, but not that mouse that's dead in the back yard. :) That cat's really something!

My coworker that's going to California has his last day tomorrow. Well, he may be in on Friday but I won't. He was affected by the hiring freeze but he's staying with our organization and it's DoD so - he gets to go. My hiring agency is not DoD and the position in NYC is not in any way considered National Security so... I'm in limbo on that one but the upstate one IS national security so... I'd love to be about 5 hrs from here.

Girl got her car fixed so she probably won't be seen for several days. She might surprise us all. Not holding my breath. She did work with her dad today.

Okay, enough about me. Dana's busier than a three-legged cat in a litter box. I read that. Stude is working his tailfeathers off on jmbear's place - cuz he's awesome. Danehaven is playing with the cows. Steer. I bet Jet is interested in them! Have you ridden the horses around them yet? Is the pig still in the neighborhood or did he go to freezer camp? Connie's trying to keep her randy new horse from climbing her mare. and...CPG is MIA. I hope any lurkers are doing well.
  • We have not taken the horses over to ride around the longhorns. i doubt it will be a big deal.

The hogs did return to the round pen once but did not see them. It is more than one for sure. We don't have any wallowing water

for them to get in so they will hopefully move on. The longhorns will run them off the other place. Especially that momma cow.

The calf is growing fast. She seems very calm natured.

The boys are out of school. They are smarties so they don't have to take exams next week.

Luckily for them we have guests this coming Thursday or they would be doing ranch work.

If someone will take them they would like to go help Richard and Shirlene on Friday.

Everyone have a great Tuesday night.

• Well, today was that All American Cause cé·lè·bre, trash day.  Thought I had missed it and with a full can too.  Thankfully, the trash man arriveth late.  Cool beans for me, that.  

Got most of this winter's mess out of Socks' pen today.  Four loads in the spreader!  The grass out back seems to have benefited considerably from the spreading too.  It's thicker and taller than last year at this time.  Unfortunately, that hay with the fox tails in it seems to have seeded our back side.  Wish I had the mower/bagger fitting for the tractor.  I could put a considerable dent in the problem tout de suite.  Sadly, it will only get much worse from here without it.  Don't even have a disc to turn it all over.  Would love to have that and a harrow...  Ah well, what we do have is a blessing all by itself.  A considerable blessing.

When I'm worried and I can't sleep
    I count my blessings instead of sheep
    And I fall asleep counting my blessings
    When my bankroll is getting small
    I think of when I had none at all
    And I fall asleep counting my blessings

I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads
    And one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds
    So if you're worried and you can't sleep
    Count your blessings instead of sheep
    And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings

Songwriters: Irving Berlin