Quick Post

A lovely and blessed Sunday, compliments of Stude

A lovely and blessed Sunday, compliments of Stude
  • Thanks! Don't mind if I will! Church was great. Even if I went by myself. That's okay. I need it and will go despite lack of company. Boy is working, I dropped him off on the way. Girl's car self-destructed and today she's working with Dad so he will buy her another car. She does work hard for him when she wants something.

My friend who has been stage 4 for so long and travels all over the world is bent on getting a horse. She's picked out a 5yr old T'bred and I really want to beg her not to. It's probably just me but that's too much horse for me and I hate the thought of her getting hurt. She's a bit frail but still has energy. I know it seems I promote S'breds a lot but they've btdt and have the work ethic of being hitched to a cart. Not a lot of shying and monkey business with them. Plus they're practically bomb proof and I've never heard that said about a t'bred. ugh. And Stb's come in so many shapes and sizes since they have such a mixed lineage. Ah well. Even an older pony would be better than a t'bred. I just don't know what to say. Probably just keep my mouth shut.

It's gorgeous out there. I just picked dandelions and made the savory dandelion rosemary cookies. WOW the dough tastes great. I'm looking forward to the log firming up so I can slice and bake. (they have grated cheese in them, too. Shortbready)

Okay, off I go...maybe a nap is in order. After all, that's the law on Sunday afternoons. :)
  • If you feel the friend needs a BTDT horse, check sunshine horses in Syracuse, NY.  Mostly Standies.  There is another rescue with very reasonable prices in Homer, NY and they get a lot of Standies, work with them, and sometimes they are ex Amish witch pretty well makes them road safe.

Went to Church and skipped out half way through.  People were offering Cal condolences on his Mom's passing and it bothered him.  Plus, a Jr. pastor was speaking and we both count how many times he says,, "um" or "uh" in a minute.  We went and saw his son at the garage and then went to see a friend who is going off the grid near us.  Has his well and septic in and is going to build a 12' x 24' one bedroom house and heat it with gas.  He built a generator.  The house will be great since he is a great finish carpenter.

Glad you went to Church, Hunter.

• Don't thank me for the Lord's blessings Hunter!  I don't deserve the credit.  Very glad someone made it to Church this weekend.  No gas money here and I wasn't able to go.

So sorry your young pastor is so uncomfortable Connie.   Is it possible for your congregation to send him to some public speaking classes?  I kind of envy your friend building his own home.  Would have loved to have the same opportunity.

Our Yahoo group on Driving is feeling a bit of angst at the takeover of Yahoo by Verizon.  We are wondering if the groups will be allowed to continue.  I invited them over to here.  So, if a bunch of driving people show up here nattering along about pleasure driving, it's my fault.

Went out with the dogs for their nightly potty-break-before bed-bed and everything was unusually quiet.  Not even crickets.  We have several dogs in the vicinity that bark constantly all night... silence.  I went up front to check on Breezy and she was rather insistent on being taken back to he barn.  Being rather shy about coyotes and the larger preds around here (not to mention that paddock is a bit isolated and therefore vulnerable), I went back to the barn to get her halter and turned on the barnyard lights.  All the horses were silently standing looking at the hill behind the barn.  None of the muttering, squealing, and various other noises that accompany the barn.  It was spooky.  Rushed back out and brought the old lady back to the barn.  Might just be me being afraid of the dark like a kid.... then again, maybe not.  Kinda wish I had the pony boys in a touch closer to the barn anyway.  I would sleep better.

Well I do hope everyone around here has a great week ahead.

• Weekend was good. Got a horse ride in on both mornings and got some much needed rain Sunday afternoon. Had to deal with feeding horses for dinner in the pouring rain. They are now in a pasture away from the barn.

Back seat of truck packed for our first trip to VA to visit the kids Memorial Day weekend. Will load dresser and some other stuff in the truck bed Friday.