Quick Post

Saturday, helping out

Saturday, helping out
  • The church is having a work day to try to spruce up, clean and do yard work. I plan to go and boy says he might. He would but it's an early start time for him.

Fell asleep reading on the couch last night which means I got a good night's sleep except for the 2am feeding Girlzilla insists on when she's here. To heck with the fact she's disturbing me the dogs, anyone but her. I've got my 2nd interview the week of Memorial Day. If they offer me the job I'm going to take it as quickly as possible.

Got a picture of Zaggy boy. He's fat on the spring grass. He's doing so well there. Dawn is great.
  • Did not make it to church. Tummy trouble and boy-sleeping-in trouble. He works hard so, oh well. Took the dogs for a romp. Ticks galore. Girl's car gave out on her. Wonder how much that'll cost us. Ah well.

• That was a really r-e-a-l-l-y long week.

Plans got changed I swear at least 15 times. And a brush fire thrown in for good measure.

We did get the bobcat fixed, repaired and running for Shirlene and Richard.

I think I will sleep all day tomorrow.

Have a great night!

• I haven't been able to spend much of any time with the horses.  Socks and Crystal are complaining of being neglected.  They do have a point.  However SHHIP is complaining that we aren't working fast enough on our project.  So I kind of have a fire lit under my backside to get things done.  The volunteers who were supposed to do this project, including the General Contractor who is required by USDA, have buggered out and left us high and dry.  This has stopped all my other projects for now.  But it is meaning some real improvements to Jmebear's house that have needed doing for a very long time.

We took all three dogs to Home depot tonight to get new pads for the Swamp Cooler and a few small items for repairing the egg sign we put out in season.  Since the chickens have pulled out all the stops on production, it's time to fix the sign.  Anyway, the puppy was extremely good and so were my girls.  I found the flashing I want for the doors (YAY!!).  It's even offered in brown, just like the trim on the (mobile home) house.  So cool beans there.  All I have to do is find my tin snips...  Bloody things have taken a holiday and don't seem to be willing to be found!  I'll have to ferret them out here sooner than later.

Well, Church tomorrow (though how I'm to get there I don't know).  So I have to hit the sack.  I hope everyone has a lovely and blessed Sunday.