Quick Post

Wednesday - Happy Hump Day!

Wednesday - Happy Hump Day!
  • Or: Happy Garbage Day! Take your pick. Seems everywhere I go, our trash gets picked up on Wednesday. Cause de celibre, or something.

Did an interview for Champlain NY which is right there by Plattsburgh. You might have noticed the turn off the last time you went to Canada *rolls eyes*. IT'S ON THE CANADA BORDER! It's a "Land Port of Entry" (LPOE) I might have blown the interview being too casual. Hopefully not. It's a promotion and I won't be getting one here where I am. I hate those interview questions: Tell us about a time when you did XYZ. As they are asking the question my mind is flying back through 20 years of experience trying to wedge one circumstance into the shaped hole before me. Then afterwards I think of a better example. DOH. I think the immediate supervisor really likes me, but I could be wrong. One thing for me, I've got experience with the computer program they're about to implement. It's the same one I use now. My resume had loads of training classes I've had on it. The cost of living is very reasonable considering. Anyway, I'm excited - as usual. The unknown.

Things aren't great at home. Boy is aggravated (mildly put) by his job. He gets home and has to hear bs from the other male of the house. He just about went off last night but I'm proud of him for walking away, maybe stomping away a little. I just want him to finish up what he's started. Hang in there boywonder!!!

Better get rolling. Gotta feed dogs, wash up, dress, head down the road. (cat woke me up yowling at the window. He was out all night - not good. I think the hunting is better at night. There are plenty of mice and chipmunks in our yard to keep him busy.

Have a great day!!
  • Beautiful start to the day.  Warm, sun coming up nicely.  Horses will be out again today.  Love when they can go to pasture.  Guess they like the barn area best, though since that is where they come to loaf around.

Hunter, hope all gets better for boy.  It is hard to be in a house where two males are posturing.

The job?  Sounds decent.  Especially with the better pay rate and the chance of visiting Alex Bay.

Cal is getting ready to head off to work.  His youngest son stopped by last evening to get the registration sticker for our trailer he borrowed two years ago.  Then we went and voted on the school budget and board members.  Our favorite did not make it but he only missed out by 6 votes.

Have a super day, all.

• I emailed the NY "boss" and he was on a road trip to Alex Bay! He said that happens frequently. I guess especially now that they can't fill that position. (yet) I feel so much better about that area than NYC. (duh)

I still need a good road trip. Any chance of MK going to Colorado? :)

(of course your house is closer, Connie! )

• cause cé·lè·bre technicly means a celebrated case, as in legal.  However in the U.S. it can mean a locally celebrated event.  So, yeah, trash day in the U.S. qualifies 

There is something seriously wrong with this website.  It is going crazy and monopolizing the memory in my computer.  At the moment it is using three hundred thousand k of memory.  Not good.  

Had quite a bit to say, but I'm signing out.  See you tomorrow and hoping for a better session than this one.