Quick Post

Saturday showers and blessings

Saturday showers and blessings
  • Blessing.  Went to a husband/wife breakfast today.  Our senior, supposedly retired pastor set it up.  An all you can eat buffet , now , is there such a thing as too much bacon?  followed by a talk by a wonderful couple.  She spoke and he spoke.  Both touched my heart and I am sure the hearts of many others there.  Since they were swamped with people when it was over, I asked their daughter to tell them both I need both messages.  My only regret is not staying to talk to them about what they said.

Home.  Put the horses out since the heavy rain seemed to be over.  Cal left to do a wedding shuttle and I went back to the barn and did stalls and actually sorted out some things in one of my tack trunks.  While I was in the barn, it rained lightly.  After I goat back to the house it poured.  I waited until about 2:30 and went over and fixed their warm mashes and called them up.  Whisper is the leader.  They came when they heard me.  Before entering the barn, Whisper and the new guy (no name) stood, blowing, in front of the barn and they both were shivering.  Once everyone was in and eating, Whisper was still trembling so I put her baker sheet on her. It is a little heavier than a summer sheet.  I toweled the gelding's head while he ate, he seemed to like it.  He has either had it done in the past or he just liked the way it felt.  I got a summer sheet out of the trunk I had gone through and put it on him.  He is not comfortable with me working on him when he is loose in the stall, but love of food helped him accept it.  I have my mind made up to get him a different home, one with no mares since he seems to forget he is a gelding when she is in heat.  Then he has his sweet moments.  The vet said I can try regumate on him but that is a very expensive treatment over time.  I guess my best bet is to have my regular vet here to do shots and have her check him and see if she thinks everything got removed when he was gelded.

No plans for tonight.  We might go to an auction but I didn't see anything in their photo ad that begged me to come and buy it.  Cal always finds something calling his name.  They do make super root beer floats there and they are only $2.00.  Hmmmm

Stude, I lost my emoticons.  Now I am having emoticon envy.  Envy is bad.  Your emoticons are good.  I will stop being envious and strive to find the site I was once linked to.

• Pilot had his ham radio class today so I went solo to an elder friend's wedding. Very sweet.

I got home and sliced up a pork butt that I got to grind. I stuck it in the freezer. Maybe grind Monday. It grinds easier when it is frosty.

Pilot has lots of studying before his last class this coming Saturday. He picks up a horse friend on the way who is also taking the class.

We have ridden together often and he asked Pilot if i would be interested in joining him to do Search and Rescue. He will send the training break down next week.

A long day yesterday helping Richard and Shirlene. We gifted the top half of a roll around tool chest full of tools. The bottom half next week after Pilot finishes sorting out the tools.

I sifted through more ash and debris while Pilot worked on the down bobcat. He was not able to get it running. We may possibly have to load it up and take it to the bobcat place..

Shirlene found her marble collection in the ash. It was fused together in a molten mass. I suggested she keep it and add  it to the rock fireplace face when they rebuild.

We worked until 3pm and I could tell Richard was getting tired.

Shirlene took her gloves and showed us her hands. Her right is the worst with major scar tissue.

Call to the post!

Everyone have a great evening.