Quick Post

Thursday things

Thursday things
  • to do.
    It is volunteer day. I hope I can leave early. But there are always to many things to accomplish.
    The table arrived. B said "holy crap, it is awesome". I agree.
    We need to get some more chairs, but it is going to be a wonderful addition.

We trapped the coon that was raising havoc. Now I think it will be safe to get feed.
    Although I will put hardware cloth up around the eaves of the tack/feed room.

Tomorrow back out to help Richard and Shirlene. We will do some mechanic work on the bobcat.
    Richard is very concerned about getting it started and a hydraulic leak.

Pilot is going to get the tools from DaneHaven so we can gift them.
    I need to go there also on my way to volunteering and do the barn chores.

Guess I better get moving.
    Everyone have great thingy Thursday?
  • We finally got a dryer day and the horses got to go out.  Whisper actually ran a little bit before the lure of green grass was stronger than the fun of running.  The were in since Monday afternoon.

Hubby has been sub driving for the Rome, NY division since the place where he hauls clients to has been closed since Tuesday morning due to Monday night's storm which brought heavy wind,rain, and  microbursts.  Lots of trees snapped off with straight across winds.  We got the  heavy rain and a little wind but it pretty much stayed to our south.

The trees are really  growing leaves.  We might get snow Sunday night.  Light frost in the area last night.

I think I mentioned I finally rode Whisper.  She was good.  No problems at all.  Hubby led her a little way and then I told him to turn us loose and she did everything asked of her.  She communicates well and seems to take direction from the rider's attitude.  She is beginning to feel like a keeper.

So thankful you are all rallying around  Richard and Shirlene, DH.  They are blessed to live where people take care of their neighbors.

Have a great night all...oh, safe travels, Face and please don't overdo, Stude.