Quick Post

So now it is Sunday

So now it is Sunday
  • We have had wind upon wind here. Last night it blew hate all night.
    Also a small thunderstorm. The wind for dried it all up by this morning.
    Suppose to gust to 30 mph today. And high of only 70.
    Brr will have to bundle up.

Our cow and calf were delivered yesterday. The cow is also rebred, so a 3 for package like the Shufflers.
    Her name is Real Cocoa. We have to name the calf. So far Cocoa Bueno is winning out over Cocoa Krispie and Cocoa Puff?
    Although she is mostly white. Throw your name ideas out if you wish.

I have been taking care of a friend's horse and 2 dogs. This morning is the last run out there.

Blessings yes we all have so many.
    We are headed out to help Richard and Shirlene today.
    I am taking picnic of pulled pork, asian slaw and cookies.

Everyone have a blessed Sunday.
  • I am so hungry and am dreaming of bbq and coco puffs. Fortunately there's "ribs" on the grill right now. Boy and I were just talking about how we need to get some ribs and do them right. I'm sure these will be fine.

Went to a fund raiser last night. Boy won 4 tickets to a Mets vs Pirates baseball game. Pretty cool!

It's cooled off here today. I was a sweaty mess yesterday - it was a 2 shower day. It's 58 here now. 70 sounds perfect to me.

Work tomorrow. I love my job. :) I'm in a win/win situation no matter how the hiring freeze issue plays out. Yes Stude, I agree. I know it sounds bad cutting funding to the EPA (etc) but what it's forcing agencies to do is rethink strategies and do a better job with what's entrusted to them. Does anyone remember how that river got horribly polluted? Wasn't it the EPA people who opened that valve?

Anywho - tighten the belts. Fix this mess. I'm hoping for the best.

• 2 good days of riding over the weekend. Diet is apparently working for Fancy, she has a LOT of pep in her step. Apache was awesome during Sunday ride. If he is out, he leads. He was the most relaxed he has ever been which means I was relaxed as i was not fighting to slow him down the whole time. When we would stop and wait for the others, he patiently waited.

I wear a fitbit and in the past a 45 minute ride on Fancy I would burn 150 calories, on Apache for the same time it would be 350 calories, the boy makes me work.