Quick Post

Saturday! (not Sunday)

Saturday! (not Sunday)
  • I was off yesterday and got my days mixed up. I literally just started a Sunday thread. Glad I caught it before I totally messed someone up out there.

Nice day yesterday. I was lazy until time to give the boy a ride to work. He has a bicycle and it's only 3 miles but I was happy to do it. He got off at 8pm so I'd rather pick him up - which I do in the truck sometimes to bring the bike home, though it can be wedged into the Isuzu with some difficulty.

Once I dropped him off I decided to "buy a yoga mat" so I can do some floor exercises I want to start doing. I walked out of there with 8 plants, a HUGE pot, a trellis, a TENT (everyone needs one of those), a bag of potting mix, two bags of grass seed (face must have motivated me to plant grass), a little $3 thing to put your boots/plants on I've got on the deck with plants on. Gee I think that was it.

So then I worked for hours outside potting, repotting, pulling the daffodils from the window boxes and planting them out with the two big bunches of daffodils the kids dug for me - I really needed to get those planted out! Of course there's plenty more to do but it was great being out there. OH I pulled the lawn chairs from around the fire pit and put them back on the deck so I sat out and read a bit. Nice day out. It got up to about 80 so everyone was complaining that it was hot.

Stude, I think face lives in South Carolina. I love it there. I'd love to settle in the Carolinas. I have a dear friend who lives on the outer banks. If you ever zoom in on a map, that's almost as crazy as Hawaii, out there in the middle of the ocean!

I guess the gov't isn't going to shut down? Another extension on the extension. They're debating the budget and it's into the 3rd quarter of the year. Really guys? I guess (hopefully) they're going to pass NEXT year's budget which starts in October. I just don't think I will be hearing anything about the job change until this all plays out. I keep getting emails to come pick up my new ID card but the HR lady says "wait". I'm like: whatever

I hope Saturday is a good one for all. Kiss those horses for me!
  • I marked this day on my calendar.  I bridled Whisper before I fed her.  I tried neck reining...she does.  I stopped and backed her.  Got Hubby and we went back over to the barn and I saddled and bridled her.  I did not take my saddle over and used a pad instead of a blanket...the saddle was a tad loose.  The bridle needs adjusting, but he led me around and then I told him to let her go and she did everything I asked her go.  She really was a good girl.  I can't feel her with a thick pad like I can with my normal saddle and a blanket but she didn't give any indication of anything negative other than testing to see if I was afraid of the cars that went by.  I am not and apparently she draws courage from her rider. She has potential for a home for the rest of her life.  Sure hope so.

So, April is ending on a good note.

• Ah that's right Hunter, Face is in Saw-th Car-lah-nah.  I have some old freinds who moved down there in the Aiken area.  Big Driving community around Aiken.  Way too expensive for po' folks like me down there though.  Also the soil and thus, grass isn't as good.  Another reason Kentucky recommended itself to me.  Likely just a pipe dream that.

Finally able to get the tractor to work behind the west side of the barn.  The back of Crystal's stall is dug out and now slopes away from the barn.  When I'm done, both corrals will slope away from the barn.  When I'm done with that I have to get to work on the back (south) side of the barn.  Then all of my drainage work will be done.  When I first came here the barn aisle would flood with every heavy rain.  It hasn't done that for several years now.  Still have to relocate a lot of dirt out back and around the verges of the Arena I'm setting up.  All of which is well down the line at this point.  Jmebear's tractor is just a little one and I'm working it pretty hard to do what I can get to.  It is nice to see the progress though.  After all this is done I have a large arena to level and set up in the back.  Should be a FEI sized Dressage (driving) arena.  That works about to be approximately 150 by 310 Then we can practice our forty meter circles and such.

The weeds and grass have loved all this rain (most recorded rainfall in California's recorded history)!  So working on cutting all of it down out front (where I am unable to use ponies) with a little electric trimmer.  The gas trimmer's primer bulb has gone bad again.  Looks like that little devil is going to be a yearly replacement (grumble, grumble, grumble, GRIPE!).

Looking back on this it looks like I'm putting in a hundred-hour week on the place.  Quite the contrary.  Just a little here and a little there.  Unable to do much more than that or something or other goes haywire (back, elbows, knees, etc...).  LOL, since I don't like pain, this is a great incentive to behave myself and take lots of breaks!

I know a shutdown of the Government is going to be a hardship for you Hunter.  However I do hope they get to it and FINALLY straighten out the budget.  Cutting the spending will hurt people like myself the most and yet I welcome it as our country is in the most danger from this insane debit we are running.  Scares the hell out of me because if they don't do anything about it, then it will be far worse for all of us.  Scary times we live in, for sure and certain.

Dreamt about my house in Riverside again.  I do miss that little house.  I miss the little dining room all surrounded on two sides with windows and my huge butterfly palm in the corner.  I miss the large, comfortable living Room.  The big yard and my Veggie garden.  My rose garden...  Don't miss Riverside in the least though.  Living in trailers gets old sometimes.  However I couldn't do what I am without them.  Glad I have as nice of trailers as I do.  How does the happy-clappy song go?  "Count your blessings!  Count them every one!  Count all the blessings that the Lord has done!"  Then there's Bing's song, "When I'm in trouble and I just can't sleep, I count my blessings instead of sheep.  And so I go to sleep.... counting my bless-ssings!"  Thank you Lord.  You truly have blessed me.