Quick Post

Tuesday trampled?

Tuesday trampled?
  • Connie - your horse dealer friend may have a concussion. He needs to STOP and get checked out.
    His hard headedness may have saved him, but there is a time to give in for one's health? I hope I am that tough at 80!
    Heck I don't think I am that tough now.

Today is the only free day this week. Feeding cows this morning and then I have some plants to get in the ground.
    I also have a pork butt to grind and mix with venison.
    I can wait on that and maybe do it next week. I could do a pot of chili and spaghetti sauce for the freezer at the same time.

Somebody should ride these horses?

Everyone have a trouble-free Tuesday!

• Spoke with my friend's wife this morning.  He got home at 2am.  She washed his wounds and bandaged what needed bandaging.  She said the head wound was more of a scrape, but I know from experience , head wounds can bleed  a lot.  I doubt if he will see a doctor.  I agree he should have.  I know when I got bucked off and saw the doctor at a few days later I was told the time to be checked for a concussion is close to the time you got hurt, not a few days later.

Left the horses in due to the promised rain.  Should have let them out.  60 degrees out there and not enough rain to make a puddle.

I need to ride Whisper.  Cal said he wants to be here when I do but he is seldom around when the urge hits me.  Might just put on the hated helmet he got me and see how she goes.

Have a great day, all.

• Put on the helmet Connie and have a good ride in spite of it.

• I just don't feel right without a helmet. I guess it's because of the years of English lessons?

MK, I wish I was there. If I don't get the NYC job and stay where I am I'm bringing Zag here. (Boy has convinced me along with those of you (Dana, where are you) who have said "just bring him".

I have a counseling appt with the pastor at the church we attend - Connie, the same church. He's emailed me and knows I'm struggling. That's Thursday.

Today was a good productive day at work. YAY!

• Hunter, I am glad he reached out to you.  I believe you need a  one on one with someone who loves you and is outside of what is happening and maybe will try to share from God's perspective.  There are many people here who love you.  You have a support system all over this country.  

Oh, the church you attend, Hunter.  Their prison ministry touched me.  I have some friends from church who are looking into it.  Long, ugly  story on why they became interested, but  they are sharing what can be done.

• I was not a helmet wearer for a long time. Part of the reason was I never had a comfortable helmet. After 20 minutes I would have a splitting headache. I also used the excuse of "I trust Fancy". However, no matter how good a horse is, things happen.

Before I got Apache I decided it was in my best interest to get a helmet. I found one that is comfortable, as in no headache, and I now always wear it.

I also have also taken the attitude that there are a lot of body parts that can be fixed, the brain is not one of them.