Quick Post

Midlin' Monday

Midlin' Monday
  • Hope no one minds my starting the Monday thread, since there wasn't one.

Poor Socks, I flooded his stall again.  Will have to strip and dry it out for him.

Weather here has been rainy.  Yet it's one of those lovely light Spring rains that are so nice.

Hope everyone has a great day and week!

By the by, have we been discovered by the spammers again?

• Thanks Stude.

Yes It is Spring and the spammers are blooming.

Please don't respond and I will do my best to get them removed quickly.

Meeting was great and work day was muy productivo.

On the way home, I stopped for re-nstruction at a friend's ranch. I will take care of a horse and 2 dogs for the weekend.

Sunday  My whole family along with friends G&K are going to spend the day helping Richard and Shirlene.

I am bringing a picnic of pulled pork sandwiches and slaw.

We will assess the situation and  start getting some help organized for them.

The first hay cutting is coming in here. I got a cube of 21 bales.

Along with the cube of last year's hay, I may have enough to get me by until second cutting .

Happy Monday it is going to be a busy week.

• Dragging a bit here. I fought a cold over the weekend, that after a bout of "wow my stomach hurts like the dickens".  Not back 100%. I went to the gym and I'm feeling okay. Actually I feel better just because I got my butt there!

No word on work. ugh. Trying not to get stressed.  The whole idea behind the job in Manhattan is the fact that the hiring agency is all over the country. I think I'd have a better chance transferring to the best place possible for retiring. Just an idea.

Stude THANK YOU for starting the Monday thread! :)

• Yes, Stude,  Thank you.  I meant to post this yesterday but was very preoccupied.  My horse dealer friend  got run over by five horses, knocked hard in the jaw, and down on concrete.  Bad head gash.  I spoke with him after it happened and he was on the road heading to a sale, bleeding.  Was going to stop at a truck stop and get some paper towels to  blot the bleeding and to try and clean up a bit.  He made it to the truck stop and then on to his destination.  Was surprised that the five horses were on the trailer since he had no memory of reloading them.  He sounded pretty fuzzy Monday morning  and was planning on making the 5/6 hour drive back home as soon  as he could.  I will try to get in touch with him today, Tuesday, to see how he is.  He really must have suffered a hard head knock.  BTW he is in his 80's.  

Have someone interested in Skidder for a kid's horse.  I think he will probably be perfect.  He is a sweet boy and I want him to have a good home.  He is really being wasted here but better here than in a feed lot headed over the border.

Have a great week all.  Please, Hunter,  breathe deep and try to stay away from stress.  DH, glad you are others are helping the burn victims.