Quick Post

Sunday sun is up

Sunday sun is up
  • I slept about 10 hours last night.
    It has been an exhausting month so far.

MaderChica flew home yesterday.:(
    She won't be back until August.

I spent all yesterday afternoon watering. We haven't got the rains that have been forecast.
    Upper 70's are forecast for the week.

Jet is in need of a bath so hopefully I can get that done today.
    He is almost white with all the hair ready to come off.

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!
  • It's a quiet Sunday here. Sun is shining. Not warmly enough to melt the snow. Life is the usual fun around here.

Chatter's mama passed away a couple of days ago. She was not well and it didn't come as a surprise. Still... The service is scheduled for Thursday and I'm supposed to be at a construction meeting in Long Island. I'm a bit torn. Family drama will be out in full force. I'd feel like a heel for not going but the meeting is really important and, I hate to bring this up but I make a little extra when I go over there. ugh I'll lament about that for a few more days. Sounds crazy, I know, but I'm undecided.

Anywho, I think I'll go to the store and get a picture hangar. I'm trying to make small contributions where I can. NOTHING is getting done and I'm running out of patience. I need to scrape wallpaper off the bathroom walls. Maybe I'll take the dogs to run in the woods. That's probably what all 3 of us need. Maybe Chatter will go.

Every time I hear Jet's name I picture Tex because I always think of "jet black".  I need to hug a horse. Shedding or not.

• Unasked for advice.  Go to Long Island and do the job you were hired for.  OR go and spend the day with people who seem to go out of their way to make you miserable.  I vote for going where you are appreciated.

We went and looked at a horse yesterday.  First we went to Church and our connect group that meets every other week after Church.  We bring our lunches, eat, fellowship, sometimes discuss the current sermon theme, and really all get blessed.  It is a group of people who love and trust each other and it is wonderful.  We dragged ourselves away to go and look at this mare.  We were supposed to be there around three or three thirty.  The lady was doing lunch and a movie with her kids and said to go in the barn and look at her if she wasn't home.  We got there and no one seemed to be around.  We went in and saw a cow barn that had become a rabbitry.  There was a gorgeous hackney pony.  There were chickens all around.  The mare?  Old, low backed, ribby, cresty, straight from the knee to the bottom of the hoof.  She looked sad but  we decided we did not want her for a project.  She does not look thrifty and , to me, her eyes look like she has given up.  She has other people interested in her, she said, so we left her a note and came home.  She apparently got home right after we left.  

Whisper does NOT like to walk in deep snow, she tries to stick to the shoveled paths.  At least this should help her strengthen her back muscles and improve her agility.

She has gained a lot of weight since she came here.  Even her butt is getting some cover.

Hubby shoveling a path so we can dump the wheel barrow and muck bucket contents.

Hope everyone has a good week.