Quick Post

Wednesday woo hoo! :)

Wednesday woo hoo! :)
  • Tomorrow's my Friday. It was a pretty good day today, too.

Not much else to report. Just wanted to say hi. The Blizzard was way overblown. Thankfully. The drive in was fine.

Looking forward to seeing Spartacus again. Nutcase OTB.
  • It may have been overblown where you are, Hunter.  Not here.  We got 30" - 36" of snow and a place about 20 miles to our east got 44" in 24 hours.  The plows only went through once on Tuesday and the roads in our county officially shut down at 6pm.  The post offices shut down.  Cities, Towns, Counties , government agencies, all shut down.  A friend got snowed out of work Tuesday and came here.  Her hubby picked her up in the 4 x 4 truck later in the day.  Wednesday morning  we went out and started to shovel out her van.  Our car was in the Shelter logic, so the car was snow free but there was over 2' of snow on top of the tent and the snow between the tent and the road was 4' or more deep.  I had to shovel from the road to the barnyard gate and then climb over.  I then shoveled out the walk in gate to the barnyard  since it swings in and waded in to the barn.  32" inseam and the snow was deeper than that.  Hubby came over and shoveled the path I made while I did chores.  He even shoveled out the path to the cat hole for the ferals.  My Mort kitty couldn't make it out of the shed to be fed so I slugged over to the shed yesterday afternoon, called him and he was a-talkin back , and put some food in there for him.  He has his own house under the picnic table and that is where I feed him normally but not until we can find the picnic table now.

We are fine.  I am going to look at another horse this weekend if the roads are decent.  One owner all its life and the lady just got too feeble to take care of it.  New owner had good intentions but her daughter has lymphoma and between work and doctors wants to rehome the horse.

Attaching a picture of Cal shoveling snow. That is the friend's van he is next to.

• I am so glad I never took that job in Albany...