Quick Post

Monday is my

Monday is my
  • MaderChca day!
    We are going to ride. Everyone else has school or work.
    She works with Hercules a universal blood donor draft horse at U of M.
    He has bad manners so we are going to have a lesson about dealing with some of his issues.
    She is here for the week although she does have to do some study time for an organic chemistry exam.

We had a family dinner of burgers and brats at Sis's new house. B also joined us. lots of silliness!
    Sis and B are taking off tomorrow. So a girls day it is. I need to get groceries for the weeks festivities.

Dana they have a huge hanger dance at Fredericksburg airport every year also. You would love it.

Happy to have our Hunterseat back! And CPG!!

Well wishes to Stude and JM.

Everyone have a Marvelous Monday!
  • Well, nothing interesting going on here.  Had a good day yesterday, however didn't make it to church.  There is a steady improvement.  Seems like these things happen always at the worst possible time.  

Here I am with the kitchen and dining room torn apart and unable to finish the job.  Sometimes I wonder about his job anyway.  I mean there has been one delay after another and no end of it in sight!  Now the Contractor is sick in bed too!  Poor Jmebear, they won't let her come home till some kind of ramp is installed.  so, I guess that means it's up to me to get it done again.  We shall see.

I mainly logged on to say HI to Hunter!  So glad to hear you are okay.  Well, physically anyway.  Some of your message doesn't sound like happy news.  Brilliant news about the Boy Wonder though!  I do hope he keeps his head this time.  It took me till 26 to pull my head out of my a... um, backside.  I do hope your boy doesn't take so long.

Dana, don't envy you.  This is the main reason I never take in  boarders and will never take in roommates again.  The only reason I ever did either was desperation.  Best of luck with that situation.   At this point you need to just get rid of her and bite the bullet on the money owed.  You're going to lose your shirt on the situation anyway.  But what do I know?  Again, best of luck!

• Oh Stude, I always rate progress by how far the head is out of the... well, it's out about to his eyebrows now. :)

We're awaiting a record breaking blizzard. Also Chatter's mom had stints put in her heart today but I think that's all gone well. He's not home yet. One good reason to be in this area. But his brother is her care-giver and he's not a stable person. Anyway, the 5 brothers are at the hospital. Girl is there. Boy is home. I have Cajun stuff on the stove. And corn muffins.

I hope everyone is okay. I need to catch up on the news. Not sure about Dana's situation. LOVED the picture from the dance. Gary looked like a gansta!

I hope Maderchica gets some good pointers. One trick is to make yourself big and get them to back up. If they take a step back, you win. Act like nothing happened and go about your business. When they act up again, big-pressure-back up-start over.  

Of course there's a nutcase horse - his owner just messaged me. And there's no fence, did I mention that?  But you can't out-obnoxious him. He doesn't back down from pressure. He meets it head on and thinks it's a game. I guess his trainer used to box with him as a baby. At least there's nothing headshy about the boy!

Oh well, off for the night. This time change is rough. heck it's nearly 11pm!! 'Night!

• VA trip was good. Driving home from SW VA, thru TN, NC and finally SC, saw more snow in SC than the other 3 combined! Between cold rains and lower 20s this week the horses will be spending nights in the barn. I had converted everything over to summer configuration, automatic waters, solar fence charger, non heated water buckets in stalls. All had to be switched back.