Quick Post

Off to VA

Off to VA
  • Working a 1/2 day then heading to SW Virginia to visit our son. This is where my father is from and I will be reconnecting with a cousin I have not seen since the 80s. We are hoping to see my grandparents house and visit the graveyard will my parents will eventually will be laid to rest. Also home to found The Rock where my uncles carved their names. My cousin says he knows where it is and that one uncle's name has 1927 next to it. My brothers and I had found the rock back in the 70s. With my son and family moving to this area from South Dakota I am hoping that this will be a start of some family relationships. 

They are calling for snow, I just hope it holds off until Saturday night. They are even calling for a chance of snow here in SC. I was in shorts yesterday. Maybe this cold snap will kill off the bugs that started coming out!

• I know what you mean Dana about struggling to do just basic chores.  The house is getting embarrassing (most especially since it isn't even my house), Since I'm even having trouble sweeping, let alone working the vacuum.  The barn is embarrasing, I haven't been able to do necessary work...  Miserable and frustrating is what it is.

No I don't want any cheese with my whine, thank you.

I found out Thursday that my friend Mike Dowd, teacher, mentor, and all around good guy, died on Feb 1st.  His family barely even posted notices.  So, I called around to be sure of it.  Yeah, he's gone.  I'll miss him.

The doctor has sentenced Jmebear to another two weeks in the convalescent hospital.  Poor thing, she's going crazy!

Not much else to talk about here.  Just trying to keep my head above water with the whole mess around here.   Hope everyone is doing okay.  Most especially Hunter.  Haven't heard from her in a while and I'm kinda concerned that things aren't going too well for her.  Then again, if she got that job in New York, she's likely busy, busy, busy... I hope.

Well speaking of hope, it is mine that everyone around here has a great weekend!

• Good evening!  Very glad it's Friday although tomorrow is going to be busy too.  I'm going up to the horse rescue first thing to help give orientation to a new group of volunteers.  Back home to clean up dogs for an adoption event.  Tomorrow night we have a hangar dance  Sorry you are so worn out right now, Stude.  I hope jmebear heals quickly and gets home.   I hope everyone is doing ok otherwise.