Quick Post

Thursday the plan

Thursday the plan
  • is to do my Thursday backwards again. It worked well last week and was much more pleasant.
    The boys have spring break and I can pick Lucky up at noon.
    He is going to help me with volunteer duties.

I rested most of yesterday and I actually slept well last night.

Spring is going full blast here. I saw a hummingbird yesterday.

I hope everyone has a pleasant Thursday.

• Crazy weather here.  Sunny and warm and then freezing with snow...all withing 24 hours.

I saw an ad for a weatherbeeta turn out blanket in Whisper's size.  Needs a metal dingus to hook the belly strap but I have a ripped up blanket that has the  metal piece so ...I am meeting the gal tomorrow and getting the blanket.  I don't really need it but $30 is too good a deal for me to pass up.

I learn a little more about that mare all the time.  She gets "gunk" in the corner of her eyes frequently.  She does not like it when I take the gunk out of her eye.  Today I realized that it isn't my hands she objects to, it is the gloves I wear.  I took the gloves off and she was fine about me poking about her eyes.  

The weekend is almost upon us.  Hope I have the truck back soon.  It went into his oldest son's shop last weekend for exhaust manifolds.  When purchased, it sounded good.  Then the  "ticka ticka" noise started...sounded like tappits to me.  Anyhooo, when they got into it, it seems someone had  put something where the leak was to plug the hole and get it through the sale.  It will be nice to have a vehicle again.  I need to get hay and the car just isn't great for carrying any quantity.

Hope all are well.  Stude, hope you have been taking care of yourself.  Glad the folks are healing from their burns, DH.  Dana, wonderful the way you are healing.  Hunter, where are you?

• Good evening  Some days seem so long between work and then coming home and getting everybody taken care of .  My neighbor came down because she just bought a horse trailer and is going to be hauling her son's horse to a gymkhana this weekend  in their new trailer for the first time and so we went over how to load a horse safely and all of that as well as how to drive  safely .   Got everyone fed and Penny's leg re-bandaged .   It is looking really good .   This weekend I am going to wash it for the first time since she injured it .   We had leftovers from our chicken taco salad last night and that was nice and easy and yummy .   Tomorrow night is chicken marsala .

Glad you had some help with your volunteer duties DH   It feels like summer around here !   We got up to 80-something today and it's supposed to get up to 90 on Monday   I am not ready for the heat yet ......  I put fly masks on everybody tonight because the flies were back today and Cody had a runny eyes .   They really like him for some reason .  

I have found the same thing, Connie .   I have gloves that I feed with and the horses do not like me to touch them with them .   Our weather has been very psychotic lately with lows in the 30s and highs in the mid 80s .  

The boarder's pony with laminitis is responding really well to stall rest and  Bute and today he was trotting around inside his stall which is a big improvement over  hobbling along on stiff legs trying not to put any weight on his toes on Tuesday .  

Hope all is well !