Quick Post

Sunday sorry

Sunday sorry
  • Face I am sorry to hear about your father. I hope his transition is a peaceful one.

We are done in and quite exhausted but the party was a very excellent success.
    A house full of wonderful people.

I heard from party guests how well Richard and Shirlene are doing. Their burnt hands seem to be the major issue.
    Friends G&K took them out for a day of shopping.

Dana, I am glad to hear you are doing so well also! It is nice to hear your energizer bunny self is back up and running.

Our out of town guests from last week had to postpone until this week.
    They are arriving tomorrow. So today it is clean up from party and move food to cabin for their stay.

We got a bit of rain yesterday so horses are in.
    I need to get out and attend to them.

Everyone have a peaceful Sunday!

• My mother passed this past October so my father is trying to catch up. The Hospice House is awesome, very happy with it.

Ended up with ALL 3 of our horses going out yesterday. The son from GA and his girlfriend  went out. She was quite nervous but Fancy always takes care of the newbies. It is when she senses that you know what you are doing that she plays games and challenges you. Eros did his, hmm, someone new up there need to see if he has what it takes. Did a little bucking, little being the key word, and went into a trot, unasked, but Max showed him he knew what he was doing and Eros figured intimidation would not not with Max and quickly gave in. Ended up being a great ride.

• Went over to do chores this morning and no water.  It was -4 out.  Came back to the house and the heat tape was not plugged in.  Back to the barn.  I have a muck bucket heated water tank in the barn.  I use it in the winter.  Always full and I keep it plugged in and covered.  In really cold weather I use that water for the horses.  So, I had water for them.  Tonight still no water.  The heat tap was not plugged into the extension cord.  Not sure why but it might have been outside cat shenanigans.  Hoping I have water in the morning.  It is supposed to be in the 40's tomorrow and even warmer Tuesday.  My son, Mike, who installed the system is standing by in case it takes more than fixing the tape to get the water flowing.

The horses should be able to go out tomorrow.  They have been in for this cold snap.  Whisper doesn't mind but Skidder does.  I think she prefers the barn.  Still haven't ridden her but I am thinking she should be okay.  The man I got her from rode her and said she was fine so I hope she rides the same now.  She is a smart girl but she seems to respect me and that is the important thing right now.  I don't really think she will try to teach me to fly like Venture did.  I hope she behaves.  I am too old to bounce anymore and am not sure how many more forced dismounts I can take.

Hope everyone has a super week.  So good to hear that Richard and Shirlene are  healing.

Face, glad you got to ride.  Nice that you know your horses' personalities so well.