Quick Post

Monday - off and runniing

Monday - off and runniing
  • The work week has officially begun. I have lots to do. I'm conducting a meeting tomorrow which I need to finish preparing for. Karen you inspire me. HOMEWORK PACKETS FOR THE YEAR?? Sounds like it's going to make your job a bit easier. Good for you. I struggle with organization. I think my problem is I run out of time and steam before everything is organized. But I'm a lot better than I used to be. I'll have to keep trying. The words of my VA friend come back to me "everything has a place". Apparently that pile of papers' place is in the top of the office closet. lol

I found my abandoned kitty a home. They were sorta flaky but I felt okay. No, they called about 10pm and said Willis scratched the little girl (she's just 3 and would not leave him alone I already know) but the woman was asking me where to take her. Heck if I know. I haven't been to a doctor since I've been here and they live in a different part of Atlanta. UGH. I told her bring him back and drop him off in the yard. He knows where he is here. Wow. And they had just picked him up, taken him on a car ride, stuck him in a new house and mauled him sort of with attention. When she was on the phone with me she was telling the girl to not pet him - he was still at large in their house after scarring the girl for life? AND he was rubbing and loving on everything. I think he was (understandably) overwhelmed. WTH is wrong with people? They moved here to Atlanta in April to attend Charles Stanley's church. But she doesn't like it because they wouldn't let her walk in and wander during "off" hours. Guess she doesn't realize what the crime rate is. I do understand how a church should be open for prayer... *sigh* poor Willis. 

Better get rolling. Office work today = no rental car. Have a great Monday and start of the week! 

• Monthly Resource meeting this morning., ugh.

Managed to ride last evening. It was HOT. Tex did great although I still need to finish his feet.

The Crates saddle really does fit him well. And if it wouldn't have been so hot I think I could have convinced him that trotting  is fun. He is quite lazy and just likes to lumber along.

V said she thought he was taller since she had seen him last.

Thoughts and prayers for litltebit.

Happy Monday everyone.

• IMG_8417.JPG

Good morning.  Just came in from feeding, doing 2-300 lb. cans of manure, spreading some newer manure on part of the cross country property in hopes the Bermuda grass might grow instead of foxtails, putting aged manure around a tree the dogs had been trying to kill that now has a chicken wire and cinder block fortress around it, watering the grasses I planted between my elm trees on the horse property and watering the garden. Planted more veggies the other day. Tore out a tomato that has been puny since the beginning and put in a new one and a couple yellow crookneck squash which I love!

Hosed down the dogs that wanted it (labs and Bella the border collie ). So thrilled the little guy is finally better and has such a cute, spunky personality. He is overjoyed at having someone care about him and all the comforts that come with that. I gave him his first dental bone the other day and he was so excited about it! He bounces and prances and looks so happy :) He is also eating, weaned off the turkey lunch meat :)

Have a bunch of grilled chicken I need to create a crockpot dinner from.

I'm hauling Kelly and 2 of the Pony Club kids' horses out to an equestrian center in Moreno Valley about 30 minutes away to have their usual Monday lessons in a different place. The little neighbor boy's horse, Luna is learning to be calm in an arena. He used to do the charro rodeo thing and is happily retired from that kind of life but in new arenas, he still gets wired so the more places we take him, the better it will be. (Picture attached is of the 2 of them. Beautiful gelding we got as a rescue, starving. We think he's a spotted saddlebred) The other little girl just started cantering and the big arena at this facility is about 500 feet long I would guess so she can get in some nice long canters if she wants :) The facility is generally empty, no boarding or anything, just the arenas and water.

CPG-when do you start back? We start the 21st, kids the next week. We are only given a certain number of copies/clicks per month so can't prep too much ahead..... Lucky horses to have grass and rain. Can't remember the last time we had rain, at least 2 months?

Hunter-hope you get some relaxing in :) Bummer on Willis. Why would you take someone to the Dr. for a cat scratch? Doesn't sound like the most ideal home......

Had someone bring back Pandora, the beautiful black and white pit we rescued because although they adored her, they didn't check with their manager and only 25 lb. or less dogs were allowed. She ended up in the perfect home anyways :)

Glad you got in a ride, although hot, DH. It was so muggy and buggy the other night when Kelly and I rode but still had a ball :)

Glad you were able to eat rootbeer floats, Stude. My Kelly isn't able to drink anything with carbonation and can't have dairy so those are out. Did you perhaps get lactose free ice cream?

• Wonder why I've lost my custom text editor and paragraphs?

• Put the horses back in last night because of the thunder storms predicted....we got them.  More rain today so I left them in.  Called the guy I got decent round bales from last year and he has some for me this year.  I went over (with Tom in tow) and got two bales.  I was out of eating hay in the barn.  These bales are heavier than the bales I got from the other guy (to try) and the horses are loving  this hay.  More rain tonight so I am leaving them in tonight and will let them out tomorrow.  Need to  figiure out how to store the hay now.  I think we can stack it when we unload the truck, but might not be able to.  There is room there to put several side by side and still have room for the horses getting in and out.  The man is close so I will be able to go there this winter to get more.  Still hoping to get some 2nd cut from Tom later this year

I have met some special friends on this forum and just want to tell you that you all bless me.

• Good Evening,

Busy and productive day! Got some more things checked off my to do list :) They really don't have to be done right this minute, but since I have the time I'm trying to get ahead of things.

Enjoying a nice rain this evening. Actually falling straight down instead of the usual sideways.

Hunter - I'm not that organized! I only teach one class and am in the office dealing with discipline and teenage drama the rest of the day. It gets crazy and sometimes I don't have time to plan for my class. This way it's done!

Dana - Teachers report back the 7th!  Freshman and 6th/7th grade Jumpstart is the 13th, the rest come the 14th. Short summer, but they always get us out before Memorial Day. Of course County Fair for one county starts the 6th and then the other county has their fair the 12th. Why they can't move school or fair is beyond me. We have so many kids who show and miss, let alone parents who are employees who want to be there for their kids. Our State Fairs (yes that has an S. There are 3 State Fairs.) start in Sept. so kids miss then too.

Connie - the round bales sound nice. I wish we had the equipment to move some. Until then, I'll have to stick with the two or three strand.

I haven't had any more fb posts about the fires in Littlebit's area  and haven't checked the news. I hope things have settled down. I did learn that you can write your phone number on your horse's hoof in that type of emergency. I've always been told to write it on their halter or paint it on their body. Everyone should have an emergency plan.

Hope all is well!