Quick Post

Saturday Celebrations :)

Saturday Celebrations :)
  • Didn't get in on yesterday's post as I was pretty busy and today will be more of the same but have a little time while I have my breakfast :) Went and picked up my MIL yesterday morning. She had called earlier in the week and asked to come visit Brewster, the little dog. She is similar to your friend, Connie. She gets upset and goes off and lashes out. She has let my FIL control their lives down to what they eat, where they go, what's on TV, etc. and now she is full of resentment for past wrongs and no matter what, she finds something wrong with everything anyone does for her..... sad for her to be so discontent and for him to be so stubborn although he is trying somewhat, now that she is so vocal about her unhappiness..... she can't let go and forgive him.... She also has some dementia going on and says people hit her, talks on topics of which we have no clue.... I tried to clarify at first but now I just sympathize and tell her "That must be so frustrating, hurtful, etc." Anyways, she sat and had a nice lunch with us with little Brewster snuggled up next to her. She walks so slowly, grumbles about that too but refuses to get enough exercise to strengthen her legs so it takes about 15 + minutes to get her to and from the house to the car and at their house, they have multiple staircases..... yikes! She was griping that we should have put our front door closer to our parking area yesterday.... sorry we didn't remodel the house we bought for her :) It's only about 20 feet.....The son of a man who used to be mentored by my FIL in the motorcycle business, lived with them and ended up stealing from them lost his son in a motorcycle accident the other day and we haven't told her because she will probably be happy about it :( Hubby bought a sympathy card, no matter how you feel about someone, the loss of their child is terrible.... Anyways, Kelly and I hauled Penny and Tahoe down to Fallbrook for a lesson in the evening, was 90+ when we were leaving.... cooled down into the 80's by bedtime.... BUT, Penny was spectacular! She got out of the trailer and looked around, snorted a little and then was like "oh, there's grass!" She did very well. We did some flat work and jumping, just 12-18" but she was so good and by the end was liking it and going very nicely :) We rode around the cross country fields to cool off and she was fearful but not crazy. There are woods and there were lots of critters crunching around in there but she followed Tahoe and when we got to the water jump, she went in!! So happy with my girl. No pictures because we were both riding at the same time but I am extremely pleased! Her previous owners are coming by to visit this morning during Pony Club and are bringing a saddle that might work for her. This afternoon, we have my nephew's 6th birthday party! Seems like just yesterday, he was a baby and my sister and BIL were adopting him..... How time flies. Well, gotta go clean up dog doo for lessons! Hope you got some sleep, Hunter. Hope your allergies are better, Stude. Sorry about your friend, Connie :( I hear your pain.
  • Connie, Chlor-Pheniramine is sold under the name of Zyrtec on the shelf.  I like it as it's very effective for my own allergies.  The down-side is that it knocks me out.    I wish there was one of these drugs that did the job without putting me to sleep.  The idea is to be functional, not unconscious!    Need to come up with something as my current meds aren't working.  At least, not satisfactorily anyway.

I'm going to try getting the kiddos out today, if the heat doesn't defeat me.  It's already in the eighties.  Weather service says well over a hundred today.  So, want to get going before it gets too very hot.

Hope everyone has a great day! 

• Took my truck to step son for brakes.  He only did the front, will have to go back for the rear.  He kind of slipped me in between appointments.  The rotors were so rusty, something he tells me is because we live where they salt the roads.

Posted a couple of pictures of Lena yesterday....put them on the wrong end of my post but I think everyone can figure it out.

Stude, I get the chlor-Pheniramine over the counter at the local drug store...looks to be generic and it is 100 4 hr. tablets for just under $5.00

Hubby is at a mandatory CPR course today.  Seems rather lonely around here now that I am back from the garage.  Love that mechanic but I was there on time, he was finishing someone else's tires and oil change.  3 1/2 hours later he let me go.  I think if he talked less, my work would have all been done.  But....he likes to talk and I really don't mind.

• Dana speaking of celebrations, it's National Cowboy Day!!!!

I am so happy that Penny is doing nicely for you and  also Lena for Connie. Nothing like a good horse!

So far I am blessed with 4 great horses. Chica should prove to be also. I am hoping to be able to start her this fall, although it is nearly August already.

A very busy week with Pilot's eye surgery and appointments. His sight is vastly improved.

We had dinner with friends Thursday evening  after working all day. They were doing a goat show this weekend nearby. They are a joy to us but will be moving to Tennessee soon. They promised to come for an overnight visit soon.

Texdinan and Hubby came for dinner last evening. I made lasagna and  remembered why I don't enjoy making it, but it turned out delish. Maybe she can come ride on Tuesday morning.

We missed a trail ride today due to me working an extra volunteer shift. High 90's and humid so it would have been a hot ride. May move V's lesson to tomorrow morning instead of evening to be cooler. Don't want to saddle when it's near 100*.

Sarcee is tooo fat! Does anyone have diet suggestions? She gets fat on air??

• Lots of horse talk and I'm without a horse. We've been looking at, of all things, mobile homes. We saw one we can get for $1500 and rehab it but we figure we won't be able to make much on it so it would be a lot of work for little return. I like where it's sitting but the monthly lot rent is way too high.

It's hot here but we expect relief this week coming up. Animals are fine!

• Okay, we've had a stellar day (horse-wise anyway) today!  I got out Socks and went another half mile further than usual.  He did very well.  Socks was even calmer when the opposing vehicles went by.  

Got out Crystal and she was perfect!  I hooked her up to the drag and she was very good about it!    Not even any problems with the turns where the traces rub against her legs.  Such a good girl!

Last I got out Miss airs-above-the-ground and she was also a very good girl!  Hooked her also up to the drag (2nd time now) with excellent results again.  This one is in remedial training to get her going again.  Looks like she'll be up and going very soon.

The heat got to me by then so I let them all out into the back paddock.  They all ran off and it looked like they were kicking up their heels yelling, "FREEDOM!!"     Most especially the ponies.

Took refuge in the house for a while.  Will have to get back to it again before long.  Hope everyone here has a great day!