Quick Post

Finally cool Friday

Finally cool Friday
  • Finally Friday and it is a wonderfully cooler day.  I have noticed that my stiff joints do not seem as stiff as they were when it was so muggy.  Is there a correlation between humidity and sore joints?  I am beginning to think I am going to turn into Granny who can predict the weather by the state of her rumatiz.

I see signs of going off the deep end in someone I have known for a long time.  No good idea of what to do about it.  When she starts to loose control of everything (and yes, I mean everything) around her she lashes out at something as she slowly looses her grip on reality.  She has chosen to condemn all Amish now because she feels they don't do the necessary shots (all horses need in New York is a coggins if they are going off your property) and she is now stating that they overwork and starve their horses.  There are a lot of Amish around here and I have yet to see a thin horse.  I don't know what to do about her but am tempted to warn her partner of 20 years...yet shouldn't he see it for himself?  Maybe that is why he is spending so much time with a good friend of his...his way of getting away from the insanity.

Hope the weekend brings good things to all of you.

• Connie, I can sympathise with your friend's husband.  Doubtless he sees what is going on and doesn't know what to do.  I went through the same thing and often all one can do is keep their head down and out of her way.  It's a pretty lousy existence for sure.  Be careful.  The lady might turn on you for even insinuating anything's wrong.  

Wasted the last few days daydreaming on Realestate dot com.  There's three lovely properties in Ken-ducky that I'd love to have.  All that's necessary is for my disability to come through and winning the lottery first.  It could happen...

Been working on the new-er trailer.  Took out one of the dinette seats and put in my old stove yesterday.  Wish I could fit my old fridge in the cabinet.  They'd look good together being the same vintage.  LOL, it'd look like Lucy's kitchen in the Long, Long, Trailer! 

The wind has been blowing hard all night.  This morning I woke with a nose running like a fawcet!  Took one pill and am now sleepy.  I hate this stuff.  Wish my nose would behave...  Time to go.  I keep falling asleep...

•  T Took these pictures after I posted about riding Lena.  Can't seem to get them to the bottom of the post. Not hard to see why she is slippery when turning. Thank you for the advice, Stude.  I try to avoid any confrontations and when she tries to involve me, I have learned to tell her gently that she is living the way she chooses.

I like to look at real estate on craigslist.  I like the KY properties near where KYAngel lives...NE KY near WV.  She told me her sister in law had 100 acres she was thinking of selling.  Sounds like heaven to me.  Old barn, old house, new cabin.....  Haven't heard about it lately so maybe it is sold.  I like our home but a warmer climate is enticing. 

I finally found (with pharmacist help) a replacement for my old allergy medicine.  The old stuff is no longer on the market as a time released  capsule (Isochlor) but she found me Chlor-Pheniramine which is every four hours.  Does a great job of drying things up , not pricy, but can give me a raspy throat sometimes.

Bye again.

I'm baaaccck.  Went out and took pictures of my lilies and then headed to the barn to pick up the stalls.  No horses.  They came around the corner when they heard me go into the barn.  I fed them and then bridled Lena.  We went for a short ride.  Her back certainly is well padded, but going around a corner she is slippery.  Still, she was perfect.  She is a rare find and I am happy to have her.

• So bushed from lack of sleep and intenser than usual work days. I just want to sleep. So glad it's the weekend. I hope to get at least one nap in.