Quick Post

Wednesday! Wow!

Wednesday! Wow!
  • Wow because I can't believe how fast the summer is going by! Our lease is half up. No word from applications. I think I told you CT is off the table. That was a stretch anyway. I did qualify for it but I'd be amazed if no one was better qualified.  Right now MA, PA and...something else... forgot. But I contacted TX and they still haven't updated my status so it looks like that may be in the running. There are other places but I'm tired of applying. 

I found this picture, it was 2011 when I got back from Kuwait. Awesome Tex. 

• Ha! That was when he was a little boy.

Texas is a good place to be.

Pilot's eye is doing well.A crazy busy week after today. We may go to town.

• 2012 089.JPG
    Good morning. Relaxing morning of feeding all the critters, then me. Kelly just left to go work with hubby. The girls have been going in a couple days a week to work for him and come home griping about how boring certain jobs are :) Gives them an appreciation for how dad is making a living for them! Another scorcher today.... supposed to be even hotter tomorrow. Heat advisories today..... hoping it will cool off so Kelly and I can ride tonight. Brewster, the little foster dog is feeling better and better. He greeted me with a wagging tail this morning although he didn't get up so I carried him outside in his bed (didn't want to hurt his back picking him up) and set him on the front patio to get up at his own speed which he did. He does enjoy his outside time and is actually doing a little trotting once he gets warmed up. He is going to be majorly spoiled when this episode is over. He still doesn't have much of an appetite but needs food to take his meds. He ate a little beef baby food and several slices of turkey meat this morning but wasn't interested in canned dog food..... He's so skinny you'd think he'd gobble up anything? Well, better get going on watering the garden and doing dishes, etc. Made a good dinner last night, like chicken and dumplings except it had salsa verde in the white sauce and cornbread dumplings.
  • Hi all!  Back from 10 days in the hospital with a double bypass.  Sure is nice to be home and out sitting on the porch.  Operation went well but I sure don't recommend it as as a recreational option!!!

• YEE HAW!!! Rod is back home and on the mend.  I am sure Jackie is a great nurse.

This is great news, Rod.  So thankful things were found in time to get them taken care of.

Just had a brief thunder-boomer downpour, but it really was brief.  Got a couple of round bales today...4' x 4' last years, cost $25 each.  One is now outside for the poor starving horses and the other is in the barn for later.  They have some nicer hay that is this years and it will probably be $30/bale and if my other guy doesn't have any for me, I will get it from these folks.  Think I will have to feed rounds this winter since my neighbors needed all of their first cut squares.

Once again, WELCOME BACK ROD!!!!

• Nice picture of you and Tex, Hunter.  

It's overcast, cool, and just a bit damp today.  So love weather like this!    Like a doof, I left my harness out all night.  Not even enough sense to put everything in their bags.    Thankfully no dew in the night as everything seems to be dry.  Oi...   

A bit sore this morning due to overdoing it yesterday.  I'll have to go a bit more cautiously today. 

I was foolish enough to buy a white hat for dress early this year.  It has slowly gotten rather spotty looking.  Not surprising considering the environment I live in.  Anyway, I tried using some carpet and upholstery cleaner on it and it worked!!    My pretty white hat is white again!! 

Spent an hour or so cleaning in the new (to me) trailer.  I can't believe people can live in such filth!  Threw away the whole top of the Gaucho.  The upholstery was just too nasty to describe!  Hard to believe it was originally a light blue.  I'm going to pull the frame and clean it up then install a new couch on it.  Don't know if I'll be able to salvage the cabinet across from it.  Structurally it's fine, other than the door being shattered.  The floor of it though is disgusting.  So... maybe a new cabinet there.  Perhaps something in glass doors and shelves with a light?   Bit of a curio cabinet kind of thing.  The current frame can still be used and the nasty parts pulled out to be replaced with nicer parts. 

Went up on Sunday to see our friends Greg and Francine.  Greg builds wagons and buggies as a hobby.  He does pretty good work on the wagons.  The buggies are nice, if a bit coarse.  Then again, if one is looking at the farm/ranch type of place this is; it's rather appropriate.  Things need to be a bit rough around the edges to survive.  Anyway, Greg showed me a couple of parts bags whose contents I couldn't identify.  Figured out rather quickly how they went together... however the use escaped me.  Then later that evening I was looking at Whitmer's catalogue (carriage and wagon parts supplier) and saw the bits displayed and described as a 'Wagon Seat Locking Bracket'.   Called Greg and let him know.  Honestly though, I've always augmented these with a six inch strap from the hardware store and four screws.  They seem just a bit... inadequate to me.  One good bump and your passengers tipple out the back of the vehicle!     Likely wouldn't ever happen and I'm just a worrywart, but... well, better safe than sorry. 

I do hope everyone has a great day.  Everyone, most especially including our lurkers! 

• Glad to hear from you, Rod!  10 days in the hospital must seem like a lifetime!  Very happy to hear you are home and doing well :)

Anyone know why the custom text editor only gives me a file attachment menu now, not the normal box with all the icons and such?

• Yay Rod! That is a long time to be in one of those germy places!  So glad you're on the mend! Now don't overdo!!