Quick Post

Misty Monday

Misty Monday
  • It is a bit misty out there this morning.  Glad we tarped the things we left on the truck.  When Hubby gets home from his morning run, we will unload the table, go get the trailer, and return to the sale site to load out what we want (gave us dibs).  The people in the house get second dibs and then I think they will toss what is left.  A lot of beautiful glass there and some cool baskets left that I might take. We have the potential for thundershowers today so would like to get the wooden stuff under cover. I left a tote there that I had packed with things I want.  Hope it didn't grow feet and leave overnight.  It had a Fanny Farmer cookbook in it.

Google Chrome has been giving me some weird messages lately if I am on certain sites.  Guess I need to call my computer doctor and ask if he is familiar with it.  He may have to come over and debug this thing.

Hope everyone has a super week.

• Enjoy all your goodies Connie.

Today will be spent preparing for Pilot's eye surgery tomorrow morning. I need to get horse feed, water etc. squared away. We have to leave at 4am? We will have to come back after because dogs can't be left so long .

Then drive back for follow-up appt. Don't have another option with B out of town.

Have a great Monday everyone!

• hmmm.  As I sit here drumming my fingers on the table.  Hubby home.  got the tables switched around.  We should be at the sale site packing up but an old buddy of his showed up (wish he had been 5 minutes later) and now the marathon chat is going on...old buddy wants to borrow money.  We don't want to loan it.

They have had an hour to chat.  Time to go out and insist we leave....in as nice a way as possible.

• IMG_0998.JPG

Good morning :)  Woke up, looked out and horses are already eating their breakfast?  Kelly had scheduled a morning lesson with her instructor and got up and fed :)  She didn't do the complete morning feed, just gave them their Orchard hay but it gives me some time to relax :)  Doors and windows are open, letting in the morning air for now, made some country-fried potatoes, an omelet and some sausage with a hot, sweet cup of tea and while I'm eating and on here, I'm working on down stays with Ayden.  What that dog won't do for a Pupperoni treat!

The rescue organization has an appt. at 3:00 for little Brewster to see what is causing his significant pain. I'm giving him leftover pain meds from another dog's injury and that does help but otherwise, he remains curled in a ball and has to be coaxed to eat, drink, go potty. He yelps when you hold his hind end. Hubby is flying this morning, doing his biennial check flight or something like that to maintain his private pilot's license. The big plane is still not flying..... got the elevators repaired from rain/windstorm damage, paid a lot of $ for the repair and there is something wrong with one of them and the guy who repaired them refuses to refund the $ or admit there's a problem.... Well, off to finish feeding the beasties :)
  • Carmy had Legg Perthes disease but I think it was from an injury - and I might have spelled it wrong. That's why she had the ball of her hip joint removed.  The knee injury is common, too. Her first diagnosis was her knee. My second opinion diagnosed her correctly. Scary. I hope he's okay.

And wow, MK, that's an early start. I hope all goes well. I'll be thinking about ya'll. I bet you do have more choices if you asked but it's probably not convenient for anyone.

Connie is there a Goodwill? I hate throwing things away - unlike Jeff who will toss stuff away and not look back.

Willis is infirming in the master bathroom. Poor little shaved butt guy. I hope he remembers to take it easy on the sandpaper tongue  action for a few days!

All is well.

• Hunter, there is a thrift shop just out of the village the sale was in and all of the proceeds go to a local non profit animal shelter.  The girl in the house asked if she could have dibs on anything that didn't sell or that we didn't take.  She can keep what she wants and then, after she has what she wants, she will donate good things to the shelter shop or some charitable organization.  Only then will the dumpster come in.

I misplaced a box with a piece of glass I want so need to check the barn when we go over again and also check our trailer when we unpack it for the sale.  Not very important, but liked it.

Night all.