Quick Post

Savannah Saturday

Savannah Saturday
  • IT.IS.RAINING.  And it's coming down pretty hard. It might be the storm cell that swept across Texas! :) And it's going to sweep across Savannah, too. But I think we're going to go anyway. I'm looking forward to it, though if I had to go 4-1/2 hrs in any direction it would probably be down towards where my son is. Or up towards my horses. But that would be by myself. I've been anxious to visit Savannah. I've been and it's beautiful there. It will be beautiful and wet. I just want to embrace the weather - we needed rain here anyway. The beach is a big draw but the chance to get to know the area is fine. There may be patches of sun. But it's funny, it started raining last night - not sure if it stopped at all during the night but it's raining HARD now! Bet the creek is rising! (we have one of those out back). Anyway, we will hope for a break in the weather and rejoice if it happens. 

So that's what's going on in my world. I had a dream the other morning that Carmy fell out of the window driving down the road. I jumped out and ran back to where she fell and there were other dogs there. (I think one was talking in person words) Before I got to where she had fallen Teddy started coughing in real life and woke me up. I did have the feeling she was okay, though. I was upset in the dream.

Hope your day is a great one. OH I'm going to try to get some lessons in before TX to try to get my legs in riding shape!!!  Then I'll be ready! :)

• Day one of the sale down.   Tomorrow Church and then the last of the sale in the afternoon.  The daughter of the lady who owned this stuff is wanting mainly to just get rid of the stuff so she doesn't have to dispose of it later.  She gave me some things I liked.  She knows I like the Cherry double gate leg table and offered to give it to me.  Hubby said ,"no" that we have to try to sell it first.  It sure would be nice here....

Stopped for supper on the way home...no lunch because the sale was busy.  Then home, feed horses and cats.  Shower.  Now ready to go to bed.  Walked a lot more today than I usually  do and did a lot of bending unwrapping the glass stuff I had to wrap after the sale 6 months ago.  My back is saying this is not a normal thing for it to have to do.

The young couple that bought the house are really sweet and helpful.  They are always trying to help us and they have an adorable six month old daughter.

Well...off to the couch and later off to bed.  Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

• Didn't do much today.

Connie - Gate legs are neat!  Don't overdo.

Hunterseat - Nothing will prepare you  ; }

• IMG_4385.JPG

Good evening.  Very busy day here but fun.  Started with Pony Club lessons which were mercifully cool because of a nice cloud layer.  We got some sprinkles but nothing serious.  Our oldest boy in the club borrowed Penny (he comes from a ways and if his mom is showing, can't bring a horse) and they did so well together!  It was a jumping lesson, just 12-18" but she was calm, steady, no problem :)  I was so happy!

After PC, we had a club BBQ and swim party.  Ended up playing volleyball for quite a while.  My left thumb is swollen pretty good, broke a vein I think.... Ouch!

The vet came around 5 to do Tahoe's teeth, sheath and he looked good but required a 2nd shot to get his sharp canines seen to.......  Getting him all ready to go to college with Kelly in September :)

Hubby is heading home from Ohio in the morning but has a 5 hr. layover in Chicago..... I think Kelly and I will haul Penny and Tahoe down to Fallbrook to introduce her to the Rider's Field and maybe I'll pop over some little jumps with her while Kelly jumps too.

Hunter-  Aren't dreams bizarre?  Hope your trip to Savannah was fun despite the rain.  We could sure use it here!

Connie-hope your back feels better tomorrow :)