Quick Post

Freeform Friday

Freeform Friday
  • Nothing scheduled.
    The rain halts any outdoor work. But we are glad to get it.
    I always have plenty of things to do indoors.
    I have been slowly rearranging the pantry. I found a neat skinny shelf made specifically to use the wasted space behind the door. A perfect place to put all the spices, condiment and baking ingredients.

I should put some spaghetti sauce in the crockpot. it is handy to have ready in the freezer and i want to make a couple lasagnas.

Hunter- Glad to have you come anytime. B is gone until Aug 5.
  • So glad the rains are being merciful to Harper. It's hard to imagine going so long without it. I think you had a stretch of about a year or more, didn't you? Very scary when the wells run dry. Thank God for rain. I will really have to figure out a plan to get there.  I want to take a weekend and drive to visit Zag - it's only 5-1/2 hrs. That seems to be tough to get "approval" for. But you know me. I'm prone to travel.

The trip to FL the other week was totally disappointing for me. I wasn't able to really visit with boywonder like we both "needed". He did come to the cook out which I planned and turned out well despite Mr. Naysayer. (who begrudgingly admitted it was a good idea after the fact.) And we visited for a couple hours then. Still, it felt like "not enough" and I think my son felt the same way. I guess the baby was the focal point of the visit.  I have a picture of him at the cook out. I had just given him the 12-string. That tattoo is one that my horse friend who died had talked to him about. so he says he got that for her. I'm not overjoyed with his tattoos but the 3 in the picture are the only ones he has as far as I know. And that's me in the background holding the baby. What a CUTIE!!!  I'll have to post the picture if it ever comes through. I forwarded it from a text to my email.

I'm off today but still doing work. No biggee. If I get tired of that I'll just turn my work laptop and phone off. lol

• Now that I have decided I need to get a trap for the raccoon that insists on coming onto my bird deck and eating my suet and BOSS, I find I have a woodchuck living (or at least hiding) under the lower deck.  The danged coon refused to stand still and let me shoot him while the woodchuck placidly napped in the sun (a straight down shot) and I found out the gun needed loading and I have no idea how to load the clip.  I figured a straight down shot would work with no worries about anything next to or behind it.  Is it evident that I am not a hunter?

When Hubby gets home tonight we will go over and put more things out for the sale and then return early in the morning to finish setting up.  Really do not want to cause much disturbance for the nice couple in the house.  They bought it from the lady who owned the stuff we are selling for the family and were kind enough to allow us to hold the sale there.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  I know I will be busy but then it will be done.

• Heading down to Corona Del Mar this morning with my sister, her kids, my riding buddy, the girls and boyfriends, friends. Packing up yummies in the cooler (making a lemon poke cake :) ), volleyballs, badminton rackets, birdies and planning on having a great day. Horses are all fed, feed is set out for one of the boarders to feed tonight. She really enjoys coming over on her way home from work and feeding which is great :) Have been enjoying having our eldest here for a couple days. She's doing an inventory audit at a big warehouse in town and came with her kittens. She is probably heading back tonight, she lives where we're going to the beach. The kittens are so fun, tearing around the house :) Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful pictures, Stude! Kelly and I got in a late evening into dark ride yesterday. Cody walked out very nicely but was poky when I asked for a canter which is unusual. He had just had dinner though so was probably full :) Love that boy! A couple coyotes were out and about and we stopped and watched them in the dusky light for about 10 minutes. They look healthy. Luckily they still have some acreage to hunt out there and we always see plenty of rabbits and jack rabbits bounding about, plus there's a stream. Well, better go get the rest of our stuff ready! Have a great day all :)
  • Threads merged.

Triple batch of sauce going in the crockpot.

Pesto is next on the list. Basil is getting monstrous and it freezes well.

Planning to make Steak Diane for dinner.

Yes, drought still isn't over and trees are devastated. Sure makes you mindful of water. Wish our rainwater system was hooked up. But it hinges on other projects so it's in queue.

Beach activities sound like fun.

• Decided to head to Savannah for an overnight. The ocean calls. We leave in the morning. Dog sitter is lined up.  Funny thing, she came by to pick up the key. She knocked on the door. The dogs didn't bark AT ALL. Not one peep. IF I KNOCK ON THE DOOR THEY BARK!!!  I said "that must be Lori" and it was. Of course they loved all over her, even Leland cat. (and because he loves her too he had to bite her a time or two) Then they expected food. LOL Last time she helped us the cat disappeared and she was crying on the phone saying we didn't owe her anything because she lost out cat. Awww.... I told her I hoped she didn't find him because she'd want to kill him. He was in the house. I may have told you that already....