Quick Post

Take me down Tuesday!

Take me down Tuesday!
  • IMG_1734.JPG
    Bella had a vet appt. this morning and about 45 min. before we were to leave, she decided she needed to get seriously wet and muddy.... so I gave her a bath on the back patio. While walking across the wet patio later, Airess, the lab came running up from behind me, nailed me in the knee and totally took me down on the slippery concrete! Luckily I slid and didn't land hard on anything bony..... just some road rash.... Darn dog! She looks so innocent here.... Trying to get Kelly's passport renewed today, so many little details to deal with.... She's going on an Alaskan cruise with a friend and since they pass through Canadian waters, have to have one. Hers expired and was a child one anyway so have to get a whole new one and of course, in a hurry..... she's off getting her picture taken and documents copied while I'm waiting for the a/c guy to finish working on our a/c. Kelly and I took Cody and Penny out for a ride last night. I got some new reins because the ones that came with her bridle seem short but the ones I bought are the same length so I guess she needs extra long reins! I pushed her a little more this time than our first ride. She got front shoes on yesterday, holding off on back shoes for now because I want her to be out in the pasture with the herd if we can. She was still kind of ouch on the hinds going down the road when we would hit gravel. She came from a very soft, sandy area so maybe her feet will toughen up some? We did some trotting, cantering and galloping. She didn't want to go ahead of Cody and did some little threatening to rear-tantrums that we worked through. Need to take a stick next time. She liked hanging out at Cody's big rear for security but I wouldn't let her and we worked through it. Her canter/gallop is amazing! It's like flying! She definitely got sweaty as it was humid here and with the stress of riding out but I think she did well and finally relaxed, put her head down and starting really walking out. She just stood there while I hosed her off, no fuss at all :) Need to go grocery shopping, have been needing to since Friday but just haven't had the time or have been dirty/sweaty from horses! Hope Rod is doing well.
  • Glad you didn't fall hard.

Enjoying my me time. I went into my office and fiddled around a bit. Trying to figure out how to store my classroom stuff in there without creating clutter. I'll only be teaching one class this year and we've added a grade level so I'm losing my classroom. I could ask the teacher who's room I'll be using for a cabinet or something, but I really don't want to leave my stuff where kids can get into it.

Went out to feed and Moki has a scratch on his neck. He only does this when I'm the only one around. Put some Schreiner's on it. He really wasn't thrilled about that.

Planning to hit the sewing room. I have a dress to finish and need to figure out a shorts pattern for L.

Hope everyone has a great day!

• It was a good day. Dana I really expected the worst from your fall. Thanks goodness it was just road rash. You've been through so much! Dang Airess of all dogs! Glad Miss Penny is doing so well.

Karen, you and your sewing! I can do curtains because they are straight lines. lol

I'm just bushed. I hope the productivity level can maintain the rest of the week.

I was just holding Caramel on my lap. (she's so warm) I said I gotta get up, Carmy, go say hi to Daddy. And she leaps up and climbs into Jeff's lap. Awwwww! If she's going to be that sweet to him he can put up with it. :)