Quick Post

Trim Tuesday

Trim Tuesday
  • Farrier day today. We got an inch of rain!!!!!!! Some large egg size hail with it. :( We had a very nice Easter. Very busy week and next then hoping to cut back for May and work on projects and riding. I hope everyone has a nice week!
  • We only got 4/10" rain and pea size hail.  I am very grateful for any amount of moisture we get.  Yes, very busy week and am also hoping to cut back for May to get projects done and some riding.  I too hope everyone has a great week.

• Good morning :)  Overcast morning, supposed to be cooler today.  Yesterday afternoon was perfect weather for the kids riding.  We had some spoons, baskets and Easter eggs, did some fun games of balancing eggs in the spoon while riding, delivering eggs to buckets, etc.  Kids had fun and enjoyed the goodies.  Spirit was trying to get in on the goodies!  That pony loves candy!

Regular day at work, starting with a parent meeting, then testing and reports.  

Wish we were getting some rain.... maybe this weekend.

Kids are feeling stressed with finals and AP exams coming up.

Tahoe looks like he's got scratches on the back of his pasterns.  Washed and soaked it with betadine and put Swat on it yesterday.  Called the vet to get a positive diagnosis before I start trying different things.  He doesn't have much hair so not sure.  He has fly bite dermatitis and in the summer often bites himself raw, too but can't put fly boots on him right now as he's too raw..... poor guy :(

Well, better go get on my way.  Hope everyone has a great day.

• Back so bad this morning I can hardly move.  It's nearly ten o'clock and the horses haven't been fed yet.  They're wondering what happened to breakfast, but I'm just unable to move the hay, let alone push the cart.  I hate this.  I really do.  Will just have to suck it up and roust out P to help me this morning.  Looks like I just might have to go into the clinic and see just how good the new Chiro is.

Rained off and on all night.  Several downpours.  Yet this morning it doesn't seem to have been appreciable.  All the same it will keep the dust down for the day.

Must... get... moving...

• That sounded like an echo! Welcome to the Tex person, where are you from?

Stude I have a bad back if I don't stay in shape. Right now I'm NOT in shape. Been neglecting my work outs. Sounds crazy but if I get into a squat position as if I'm astride a horse, the back feels better. Who cares how it looks. Just to ease the pain... I totally sympathize with you!!

So glad Texas got rain. We got a shower today but then, we get those regularly.

Very busy at work. Also got Chatter off to the airport. Miss him already but he's going to get to see some really cool stuff in FL. He should be back Friday, then Sat we leave for VA. Changed our plans a bit since this company wanted him for nearly the whole week.

A lady down the road is going to dog-sit for us. They can veg-out in their own house and she will feed and walk them. She has a fenced yard so she might take them to her house on Sat and Sun but she will bring them home at night. That way she's sort of keeping an eye on the place too.

While Chatter's gone I need to FINALLY get these curtains sewn. Of course there are many other things, too. I also want to gear up for this new diet I've been given the green light to sneak in on him. lol He won't tell me he wants to try it but I'm allowed to proceed without broadcasting it and hopefully the food will be good enough so he won't mind it. hahaha Basically it's total vegan. Not sure if I mentioned it but it has a reversing affect on diabetes. So I want to get my recipes down. I want THREE WEEKS. No meat, dairy....eggs, cheese, yogurt... ICE CREAM!!!  Have I lost my mind????

• Echo...echo...indeed.

She lives in Harper "by GOD"

Rides a horse named Jet

Volunteers at  Harper Library Resale.......

• OH! Awesome!! She's so fortunate to be there.