Quick Post

Moving to SC?

Moving to SC?
  • Wow!  I'm assuming you travel with all the ownership papers, so you got to go...right??
  • NO KIDDING!!  My first trip west to east, I stopped at every state line that required "livestock" to be inspected.  Turns out they were only interested in large groups of livestock.  Going east to west I didn't bother with stoping; if they wanted to see what I had, I figured they would come get me!  Most of my over night stops the people wanted to look at my horse, regardless of health certs/coggins, which I can understand.  Cali was the only STATE that required papers, and did not know what they were looking for.  Never had a proof of ownership issue, and my mare is  microchipped, just in case someone thinks they want her more than I do....
    Roomer has it Montana requires a brand insp. between counties, but I have never gone through that state.
  • [quote=PaintedLady]

Wow!  I'm assuming you travel with all the ownership papers, so you got to go...right??

Yes, I have a binder that has it ALL, microchip #, registration papers, all vet work dating back to 04, list of allergies, etc.
  • **giggles** We must carry the same binder! 
  • Colorado requires a brand inspection for horses leaving I know.  Texas might.  My 3 big boys shipped from Wisconsin and I'm pretty sure I didn't have to pay for brand inspections there.  (Two actually HAVE brands and they all have lip tattoos.) [':)']
  • [quote=hunterseat]

Colorado requires a brand inspection for horses leaving I know.  Texas might.  My 3 big boys shipped from Wisconsin and I'm pretty sure I didn't have to pay for brand inspections there.  (Two actually HAVE brands and they all have lip tattoos.) [':)']

Been through both stats with out showing anything.  My mare has a funny half smile on her hip from a freeze brand that didn't take.  Sometime I think its a hit and miss on having to show paper work, and the time of year, but better safe than sorry, I just get it all done.....
  • Huh, the only one I have proof of ownership on is Cody-my adoption papers.  How do you get proof of ownership other than if you microchip?  Never had to prove it, just curious.
  • I would think a bill of sale, and if you dont have that, a history, ie greater than 12 months, of vet care in your name may be enough.  Depends on how picky people want to be.
  • Well, actually I had a filly looks JUST LIKE JEWELL that was stolen from me!  Yeah, that's right!  Dana, I think you better give me back my filly!  Can't prove she's yours, huh?  Actually I was going to claim Cody but - DUH - you just said he's the only one you have proof for. 

PLEASE tell us about riding lessons over there!!!  I think it's about time for LOTS of pictures!!