Quick Post

It's Monday!! Rise and Shine!

It's Monday!! Rise and Shine!
  • Yes, I'm being perky again!  I didn't get done half of what I really wanted to do this weekend but I still have a few days left 'till Carol lands in Memphis.  I have big plans!  *crossing fingers*
    Back to work today - really it was great having a couple of days off. 
    It's raining again.... some more.  Boo .....  Hiss ......
    Last piece of pineapple pie for breakfast and tea..... 
  • Morning Hunter. No real rain here .....yet. Hope you have a great time when Carol lands. As far as getting things done over the weekend, weekends were meant to relax & re-charge when & however you can. Sounds good in right? Yeah, I know it does not work that way. I still have to get my gutters cleaned out from all the Maple trees on the place, but if I get up there with the leaf blower it's not to bad.

Yes, it's Monday. I'm risen...............not to sure about the shining part yet.
  • Well Good morning. I'm sleepy. Been stressing myself out about the horse thing, ( whether to sell suse or not ) [&:]  and working outside a lot, together it has me a bit worn.  I have Buttercup to use and yes if I sell Susey technically i will no longer be a horse owner but I'll still have one to show, and probably winter here all year. So it's still going to be like having a horse, she's just not mine in the technical sense.  Hubs didn't know why we were buying a trailer if we were selling the horse, I said to show of course! [';)']

Well got the new trailer yesterday, signing title today. It's a 1996 Monarch Two horse straight, white with green accent. It was filthy, so when we got home I washed it with the power washer and mean green and sponge, inside and out til almost 8 pm. BUT now it's *** and span and ready for the show at the end of the month.

Little fella got a net at walmart this weekend, so he spent some time trying to catch salamanders at the pond behind the house. He enjoyed himself, he also got a new loader that makes all kinds of noises so he's been playing with that all weekend. [':D']

Got bit by something this weekend on the inside of my foot, it's a big red welt now that itches like crazy and my veins around it are all weird looking..[:'(]

I have pop tart ( smores ) and coffee for anyone interested????
  • Morning.  Well I survived the weekend.  Be sure to check out my post in NHR about why not to run naked.  Funny story for everyone else but me.

Had a great weekend, even though my puter is giving me fits.  Jonathan got Student of the Month for April so we took him to Target for a treat and bought him a second Nerf gun to go with his Wii so we can do 2 player games. 

Diet is going better, except for the plate size pancake yesterday hubby and son made.

I have a low fat, blueberry muffin to share this a.m. with my coffee.

Coffee was almost really expensive this a.m. as a yuppee with an SUV almost hit the truck.  That would not have been good as I am driving hubby's garage king today because my truck is at the dealership to fix the back hatch.  You would think with 4200 miles on it the back automatic hatch would still work, no wonder GM is going broke.

Have a great day everyone.  We have plenty of rain that I will gladly share-anyone want some.
  • Morning! Nice and sunny here. Too bad I have to work. After all the rain and wind we've had it's great to have a nice day (too bad I think it's supposed to rain tomorrow also lol). I might try to sneak over after work to visit my horse and just play with him and let him eat grass, though he plan could change if a friend is there and wants to go on a trail ride...maybe this time he'll pay attention to me on a trail hehe.

Well, off to work...don't want to be late
  • weatherman says t-storms ,  all I can really say for sure is ,  it is partly cloudy.

well off to get the son fitted for his tux this morning.

everyone have a good day.
  • Goooood Morning everyone!  (How's THAT for perky?)

Have fun, Hunter, and slow down a little.  You're gonna meet yourself runnin out the door one day.

Imma take my little one out with her horse today sometime, unless the sneaky feelin in my sinuses is a head cold comin.  I hung out with a sick freind over the weekend, I am usually immune, but maybe not this time.  Been workin with my baby Boo! and he is doin ok, for a stud colt with a bad case of spring fever.  He is given the gelding holy hell right now.  I gotta get out and brush them, it rained steady for days, had a break, so I groomed them good, only to have them take a LOVERLY roll in the mud immediately after.  I have 2 paints now, one a palomino paint and one a mud-and-white paint.  But sometime today he will be groomed up and shiny white again....  That's the plan anyway.

We have been switchin rooms, the girls finally wanted their own room (or should I say my teenager wanted her own room) and the entire house is a shambles and it is REALLY gettin on my nerves.  So I will prolly finish that up today, since my stepson is comin to help move the last of the furniture (since I can't with my elbow.) 

I wish when you replied you could see the rest of the thread.....

Bright blessings anywhoo, to everyone today!!
  • Foggy on one side (west) and sunny in the east this morning.  The weather was really nice yesterday.  Went down to my dad's and helped celelbrate my grammy's 98th birthday.  Made a really nice chocolate cake that I decorated with sprigs of some purple flowers I have blooming and strawberries.  Looked really pretty.

Feeling kind of hungover this morning from lack of sleep, not alcohol.  Finished a book I was reading...... Busy day at work ahead.  Have a meeting and the kids have a dentist appt.  I had already booked the dentist appt., then someone at work scheduled this meeting starting 1/2 hr. before I'm "supposed" to get off and it's a bilingual one so they take twice as long with translation....... school-one of the only industries where you don't get overtime and are made to feel guilty for leaving on time...... sigh.... hopefully I'll be able to give my part first and scram!  Not supposed to do that but what choice do I have?  That or reschedule the dentist appt. for months from now?  Not!!

Well, off to feed horses and dogs.  Gotta dump my lapwarmer to get going, poor Beau.  He's rumbling away not knowing his cuddle-time is up!
  • Afternoon everyone!

Just able to get on. Pretty sore today, spent 2 hours working on Gracie's hooves last night.  I went to ride her and finally get videos of us jumping and I noticed a crack in her hoof with picking them out...  So my quick little rasping job turned into a 2hour ordeal.  Last time th farrier was out her didn't take off enough hoof bar an so it started to fold over. 
    Gracie kicked me in the shoulder when she got bored and yanked her hoof away. Nothing serious just enough to give me annoying soreness.  Of course I couldn't do just one fron hoof so I had to trim and balance her other front hoof.  Thankfulyl my sister helped me out.

Spent the morning at TIER playing with Gizmo, was able to get alot done with him today.  I usually clean quite a few paddock for them but my shoulder hurt to much so I only got  what my sister and I call the gereatric(sp?) ward done.

Gonna wash the truck... it's not blue anymore but rather a dusty brown lol.

dana- I am trying my darndest to find time to drive out to you to get my whip.  It's just be one thing after another! lol

I also go in for a cleaning and extraction on friday... I am NOT lookign forward to it.  It will be the first time I get gased lol.  Wish my luck!

• Finally no rain here! It rained a little yesterday, but not today.
    When I was walking to school today I thought it had rained last night and was bummed because I thought I wouldn't be able to go out to the farm, but it was just the sides of the road that was wet and then I realized it was a street cleaner, not rain
  • Good Afternoon!

Shh- we're playing hookie! We had an IEP for L this afternoon (NM has IEPs for gifted kids). I brought both girls home with hopes of playing with the ponies. They are finishing up some homework (nerds) and then we'll head out to play before we have to eat and leave for their 4-H meeting. Sure hope my history class is behaving themselves!

Darkchlyde- my girls switched rooms too! My house is still recovering...hope to get it completely in order very soon. Its making me crazy. - only 12 more days of school, then maybe....

Dana - do what you need to do. My secretary keeps scheduling IEPs on days that I can't attend. Sometimes its easier to schedule them myself. Well, its easier when I am the only service provider.

Now, I'm off to play around the forum. Seems to be more people posting since we've gotten the new format.

HEY LOOK, Our old post totals are back! We're not newbies any more!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

• Well I missed the morning thread but I'm here now.  Sounds like everyone had a really busy weekend too.  Oh my I can't spell this evening!!!  Worked all day yesterday in the yard.  Started mowing and the darn thing kept shutting off so I took all the fuel lines apart till I found the plug and then it ran like a dream the rest of the day.  Then got a call from Moms neighbor who said the dog was loose again.  Rush over there but it was too late, he had killed all but 1 chicken.  Dad still doesn't beleive me when I say he Dug out.  Showed him where the hole was (filled in of course) and he just shakes his head "na I think the door came open or supthin."  Sure Dad.

Got a call this evening while I was visiting Mom and Dad, they got home this morning, from a lady who says I come highly recomended.  I chuckled  and asked who had recomended me and to my suprize it was the lady who ownes the tack store up in Effingham.  I rode up there once this past winter and worked some calves.  She came over and rode with me for a little while and visited with me a bit.  She is a Very ackomplished rider so I was really pleased to hear it was her.  You never know who you leave a mark on.  **smiling deviously and rubbing hands together.  My brain washing is working muwhaaaa.****

Sun shone beautifully all day and was just a wonderful day out there.  Would love to have my trailer parked down south with a warm camp fire this evening, shadow crunching some hay in the pen.  Ahhh I can dream!!
  • Busy day today, did a little therapy but mostly tested kids and wrote reports.  The parent didn't show for the meeting this afternoon so no problem getting to our dentist appt except Shay didn't get her teeth done because brain-dead mom forgot to bring her antibiotics she has to take before her appt....... so next Monday, I'll be back at the dentist.  That'll teach me!  Sigh.... At least Kelly's teeth were surprisingly good considering she has braces in there now ':)'

Hubby made chicken parmigian tonight while I unloaded my 20 bales.  Talk about role reversal, huh?  Got my upper body workout!  Looks like good hay.  Watered my garden, things are really starting to grow now, except the lettuce but the bunnies are responsible for that.  They are keeping it under 1" high...... oh well, I do enjoy them ':)'

Dishes are done, kids are getting ready for bed so it's time to plop myself on the couch and relax ':)'