Quick Post

Electric Fence - How do I get the horses familiar? Misha too!

Electric Fence - How do I get the horses familiar? Misha too!
  • Gawd.  Hill Country.  I really envy you for that.  Hubby took one look at all the rock, and said, NO WAY! 
    (I could be living in Dripping Springs!)

• [quote=ladyluck]

Coulda been worse. Coulda been the horses that ran over me. Ha. Good luck. We have a lot of rock, too.

Oh Lady - I reread your note and I still laugh.  Can't tell you how many times I have landed on the ground - with my Misha.  Like you, I count my blessings it hasn't happened with one of my horses.  Good golly molly![':)'][&:]
  • [quote=PaintedLady]

Gawd.  Hill Country.  I really envy you for that.  Hubby took one look at all the rock, and said, NO WAY! 
    (I could be living in Dripping Springs!)

The rock grows out of the ground here.  There are thankfully parts though that we are really good with.  We are fortunate that the horses - in their current pen and pasture - don't have to deal with too much of the rock on the surface.  Now, the part where I want them to go graze... underneath the grass - there is rock.  That is why they don't live there full time.  I am trying to get some pictures of the new electric fence and the grazing area to show you guys... but the pics are clogged in email... From my husband's pc to mine.  Why does technology get me this way?  Argh. 
  • Oh...I KNOW!  And, truthfully, one thing we don't have a lot of here is rock.  This place in DS had their own 'calichi hill'!  (Whatever that is....)
    I just luv Texas.  Tried to get us down there, but roots are really, really deep!
  • Hot wire is working...!  Now it is raining.  So we will not take the horses out today, but we are just about there!

Horses are out in the back pasture for now.  Maybe, just maybe, tomorrow.
  • We did it.  The horses are grazing and we are all fine.  Ms. Misha wasn't home today - but that was okay as I wanted to make sure the horses were good and really did not want to deal with her.  I walked the horses along the fence line - not once did they try to do anything with it - they remembered. 

I am so relieved and they had 3 hours of great grazing today.  Here is a pic of my babies by the front gate.  You can see the electric fence in the foreground. 

I haven't a clue if I am doing the pic upload right.  I just don't know how you guys are doing a full size - but I will give it a go.  Let's see what happens.
  • Drat, it didn't work.  But if you click on the pic - it will enlarge.  I'm sorry guys.
  • I think they are using photobucket.  I can click and enlarge but the photobucket ones stay small unless I reply and then sometimes they get bigger..... 
    I'm glad the fence is working for ya!
  • Meeeeee too!
    See?  Ya did all that fussin...for NUTTN!
    When does Misha come back?  She'll learn...just like your horses did!