Quick Post

Foggy Friday

Foggy Friday
  • Heavy rain & thunderstorms last night......all night.
    When I did get to sleep, I died. I woke to the smell of coffee this AM, grabed a cup and stumbeled out the fron door to greet the day like normal when it hit me after a sip or two of coffee that my front yard was gone! Hidden in a thick blanket of fog. I could hear the horses out in the front pasture, but no way was I calling them up.  I'll be late to work this morning as I'm not even going to start to drive 57 miles one way in this soup..........That & I need to go back to bed.

Talk to you guys soon. Have a great day!
  • Hope your fog clears - might take a second cup of coffee. [':D']
    Stopped by Kroger for milk, checked the clearance rack for baked goods AND they had pies on there for $1.25.  I'm having pineapple pie for breakfast and .....  this might be something I regret.  It sat okay after dinner last night but.... ugh....  I also bought a peach pie, which I froze.  I thought it was funny on the berry pies they were labled "marrionberry pie" on the clearance sticker.  Someone programmed that in *snicker*.  I got a chuckle out of it.  ALSO while standing there deciding between those kinds and apple, a lady spoke to me whom I met some time ago.  We stood in the dogfood isle that day for 30 minutes and discussed our daughter dogs.  I told her about Carmy's stroller.  She might get one. ':)'
    My test yesterday was a requirement for the military side of my job, which I have to have to keep my civilian job.  If I failed (twice) I'd have to be reclassified.  I passed the first time and it's mostly stuff I deal with all the time but it really can be intense for lots of us.
    Okay....running on here.  Have a great FANTABULOUS Friday!!!
  • Harley-drive safe when you do make it on the road. (steals some coffe)
    Hunt-You have too many tests to keep a job, although I need to be recertifed next year (steal a HUGE piece of pie)

Morning everyone.  Bobcat trap was set last night and we caught something........ MY DOG!!!! Stupid mut, funny as heck though.  So we need to have the guy come back and restock it and reset it.

THANKS MANDI!!!!!!!! For the call last night it was what I needed.  I had a long talk with hubby again.  This horse stuff can sure be a lot of heartache.

Jonathan got student of the month yesterday at school, I am soooooo proud.  Then he played with friends when he got home and was literally covered in mud.  I had him strip in the garage before I let him in the house.

Have a great day and an awesome weekend.  Happy Mother's Day to all of us with 2 and 4 legged kids.
  • Morning GLORIES!! Lol. You're very welcome Tanya, I think we both needed to talk!  I know you'll do whatever is right.  I'm still having mixed feelings on my decision but I think it's best.
    I have raisinets and coffee, and smores poptarts for all!  

The mean lady that comes once a month is here  so I'm in a bit of pain.... eating chocolate helps [';)']

Well all I have decided to sell Suse. I think she and I are destined to have different paths, while yes she is an angel and has done nothing wrong, I think she will excel in an english discipline and that is way beyond my league and my interest, and with kids in sports and husband and dogs, I think it will be easier and better with one horse that is already trained that I can hop on when I please and not worry about keeping it going. Hence buttercup, no one will be using her for at least the next couple years so she's mine to use. And she's already trained on patterns and shows.  It was a long time in coming, been on my mind a lot, but I think it will be best.

SO it's friday! Everyone have fun!!!!
  • Like Harley it stormed here all night.  Got to bed at 11 Husband woke me at midnight rolling up truck windows, Matthew woke me at 1 after a particularly loud boom of thunder.  Poor little guy was scared to death so i brought him to bed with us.  None of us sleep good that way but Bub felt more secure.  I have been head butted, wacked in the face, kicked and rooted right out of my bed.  Needless to say I am dragging this am but Matthew is his usuall happy self content with his milk and cartoons.

Not sure on the weather today but it is foggy here too.  Matthew's potty training is going good.  He is so proud of himself each time he makes it so that works for me.  Horse did great yesterday and had his first ride in 4 yrs.  I tell yuns that Rick sure can breed athletic horses.  Man are they quick to turn.  He breeds cutting horses and has some of the top blood lines in the country so when they  turn you need to hang on.  I figure he will get me dumped before it is all said and done from spooking and ducking so fast.  Oh well, wouldn't do it if I didn't like it hu?

Everyone have a great day.

• Morning.  Sorry about your rough nights, Harley and Trainer.  Hope your day goes OK.

I here ya, Mandi.  I'm in the same boat, gulping down some ibuprofen to get some relief so I can get to work...... sigh, only about 7 years or so til it's over for me.......

I'm already warm here, it's only 7 am and it's 60 degrees.  It was still 90+ at 5 pm yesterday afternoon, ugghhhhhh.  At least my room is usually freezing at work in the winter so right now it feels pretty good ':)'

More state testing today but this is it.  Once they are done today, I'm done and can get back to my usual schedule.

Yesterday was kind of a rough day, had a parent complain to the teacher and principal about some things I was working on with her 12 yr. old daughter (autistic), that I was personally attacking her child, being mean because as part of my trying to help this child with social skills, I was encouraging her to change her clothes, wear something different every day so that she will not smell....... I guess it must be cultural, not using deodorant, etc.  Sigh...... sometimes I wish I didn't worry so much about things like that, it takes so much out of me but luckily the complaints don't come along too often ':)'  Hoping today is better but wish the parent had just come to me.  The teacher and principal support me and are apologetic about it but it still makes me feel bad if someone thinks I am doing something wrong.  Anyways, today is a new day, onward and upward!!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Beautiful morning here!  We aslo had storms last night and thick fog rolled in right before bed.  Sorta neat looking looking at the hills covered in white in the moonlight. 

Have some shopping to do today & hoping the sunshine holds out for when I get back and maybe I can at least start grooming up the horses.  They are MUDDY.
  • Beautiful sunny day here ':)' we had rain all night too.  It's so nice to see the sun!  Hubby is taking off work early so we can get a few things done before he heads back out of town and I think it will all be done on the motorcycles WOO HOOO
    Here's hoping I make it to the barn tonight ':)'  hope everyone has a great day.
  • Evening all. I worked this morning at the BC then headed off to get the girls. Elisha had feild day at school today and had a wonderful day and Mary had a feild day at 6 flags. So they where happy campers. 

I am in heaven. I picked the girls up today and headed for the hills, literally. We are up at Danehaven's. I always feel so peaceful here. Like I can breath! I'm defiantly a small town girl I have decided. 

The girls are down at the "pond" catching lizards and frogs. They have smiles on there faces and sun on there skin. The dogs are wandering around the house. And the horses are moseying about the pastures. I'm sitting here in the picture window taking it all in and typing away. In a minute I'm taking the computer out on the porch so I can smell the freshness of the air and the hat, not cool, breeze. I have my lap top and a glass of sweet tea and will be hitting the books again. But what please to be able to study in God's beautiful country. They call this place " Harper by God", it sure is that to me.

As usually I will be snooping around during breaks. So I will probably see you all some. I'm suppose to be riding tomorrow. It has been to long since I have been on a horse. I'm loving it. 

Thank you MK! You are so special.
  • You are welcome. Thanks so much. Sorry I won't get to see you. Enjoy!